Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [DK2] Map Editor Size Limit

Default Re: [DK2] Map Editor Size Limit

Well yeah, placing the heart at anywhere above 128X or Y is gonna crash the game.

Thing is im having trouble properly debugging the game, does anyone know why exactly the game crashes when you attach a Debugger to it and run it to the MP Creation menu and then create a session?
    Im having a hard time to believe the game has any other safety mechanisms other than SafeDisc(which is cracked on my end)

EDIT: So, some progress now due to the debugger now working mostly (I Just switched to standard skirmish Mode to test the maps) and have found out the Game crashes right after it encounters Address 004DA261

My best guess its the value it tries to get a number from "6EE540" is somehow incorrect due to the map size being a different max value than expected, gotta see how "6EE540" much is involved in the game overall and see what it actually does, or have.
    Last edited by Nocalora; May 10th, 2017 at 20:02.

OpenKeeper developer

If it is not checking anything... It could be that the location is just an signed byte

Yeah, I guess its one of the possibilities.

Alright, I give up with the Dungeon heart thing. I have spent 3 days now trying to get the game to understand on how to spawn a dungeon heart out of the usual 128x128 tiles, but I just can't get it work, lets say I was desperate enought to change Register types and use loads of code caves in order for that to happen, but it still did not work out.

A Theory which I had just before was that maybe its the NPC's fault, I thought the game just couldnt handle npc's above the 128x128 limit, but that theory got busted pretty quick. The game has NO problem running and spawning anything above the 128x128 blocks, but if you tell it to spawn the dungeon heart the game will nope out.

I tried my best, but hey. This just means map makers have to somehow squeeze the hearts somewhere in the 128x128 blocks and creatively block them fairly out from each other using maybe impenetrable walls or something, idk. Surely enough im creating a 1K Map and it might get released too if I don't encounter new problems.

It might be that I find some solution in the future, but im certainly not confident enough to say that for certain. Atleast I have some other projects that I still want to try to work out in DKII's exe.

EDIT: The best I got working was a Dungeon Heart where itself and the area it takes up was completely BLACK, and if another keeper had one heart also out of the 128x128 blocks area, it would show up as Fog of War regardless if you stand right infront of it or not.

The Imps also do not recognize the heart as an object, so they wont bring gold to it.
    Last edited by Nocalora; May 11th, 2017 at 20:37.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

If the hearts always have to be within 128x128 limits; then how come a 256x256 map runs fine with hearts at the corners of the map?

How- the... wat. I may have to re-check something

OpenKeeper developer

And share the maps please I can benchmark OpenKeeper. We have no limits.