Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vuen's Tomb

Default Vuen's Tomb

Download it here!

Vuen’s Tomb

Difficulty rating: Hard

Long ago a Keeper of legendary proportions, Vuen 'the Darkener', ravaged and terrorized the world before being vanquished in this realm. Though destroyed, the evil he inflicted lingered. Thus the Heroes build a fortified monastery to watch Vuen's final resting place. Lay siege to this place and lets see what relics we can uncover from this tomb.

Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; May 7th, 2017 at 17:11.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Default Re: Vuen's Tomb

How do you play these custom maps? All the ones i've done were already part of KeeperFX

Quote Originally Posted by damedog View Post
    How do you play these custom maps? All the ones i've done were already part of KeeperFX
    One needs to put the files in the Levels directory within the KeeperFX directory. After doing that you can select the level to play in the Skirmish/Free Play menu within KeeperFX (KeeperFX users: please feel free to correct me if this has changed).

Download it here!

Download it here!

You're right of course. There's even an entire wiki page to describe what you just said: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/w...ng-Custom-Maps

On a side note, I've started playing your map this morning, I've almost completed the hero dungeon. I hope to finish it tonight, so far, so good.

EDIT:
    I finished the map, it worked perfectly in KeeperFX 0.4.6u.
    It's a good map, but too be honest I don't think this is the most fun one you released.

I liked the start, but I saw through it. I learned to stay away from the water, so quickly found the first hero dungeon and proceeded from there. At this point the map becomes kinda basic, with the player having to clear out the hero fortresses. This is going through the motions, going room for room, no vision so no strategy involved and every room contain heroes your (trained up) starting party can deal with.
    What I found a bit strange is that when you destroyed the hero heart, suddenly a few hero parties stream in from where the white heart was, I believe it makes more sense to do that while white is still alive.
    The final keeper was too strong for me, with no satisfying way to deal with him. I had kept my original army, sacrificed for one reaper and found the one on the map, but still my 22 creatures that included a spider, hounds, warlocks, orcs, dragons and a tentacle could not hope to defeat that large number of vampires, that even kept regrowing. Your message suggested traps, but they did not enter my dungeon for traps to be useful. Early on a few creatures did - that got destroyed - and after that CTA stayed on the entire level never bringing new creatures.
    I had already explored his dungeon with my reaper, and decided my only option was to cheese him. Using the collapse spell was not really a nice option due to you scripting in new vampires, so I provoked a fight and teleported in with a sped up vampire to snipe his hearth for the victory.

While I could not finish Tymnath Herez due to the pathfinding bug, I liked that level a lot more. It had a similar concept, but you had the sight spell there and multiple paths to take with each path offering valuable rooms, so you had to choose where to go first and how quickly you wanted to push, while staying alert for the rival keepers. In contrast, this map is basically a single path, and the only real destination is the gems.

That said, even though I personally feel it is not one of your best, compared to what else is out there this is still one of the better maps and certainly worth playing if you are looking for a user-made map.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 7th, 2017 at 00:12.

Thank you YourMaster!

Quick question to confirm: did the enemy Keeper not try to attack by raising a CTA on your land periodically?

Download it here!

Download it here!

It did so once, and kept it on the entire time, for the rest of the game. So that made it completely ineffective once the first group of creatures died.

Strange, from my testgames the enemy Keeper is supposed to make attacks from time to time and start effectively a 3-way battle. Its possible to manipulate some battles between the Heroes and the enemy Keeper if timed right.

If that happends as intended the map becomes more difficult and actually urgent but satisfying, while a few Vampires can be fended off fighting a horde of them can become very costly. So the Player is supposed to find means to counter the constant invasions. The Chicken and Cave-in spells are effective means to delay, while the Lightning spell and traps are good at thinning out the enemy army when he tries to attack.

So yes, its strange the level did not play out as intended in that regard.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Perhaps KeeperFX also messed up the CTA spell, which combined with the manipulation you do in the script has this effect. A shame really.
    I can fully imagine having the Keeper actually do stuff would make this map more fun.

Than perhaps this is another map best played in the original game.

Hello, Duke Ragereaver, Could you upload a map thumbnail of your map?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

There is a thumbnail already, are you unable to see it?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!