Thread: The Pit

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default The Pit

This is named "The Pit" because i had no clue what to name it ;-)

You are a new keeper uprising in a land - you lack charisma and as such, the amount of minions willing to follow you is small. Spite this, you've managed to attract the hatred of heroes before you've even started a proper dungeon! (Yes, you will be attacked in the first 30 or so seconds. Be prepared!)

You have 3 keepers that will face you. I've play tested this map a few times to make sure it isn't too hard or too easy, but i must say, the difficulty fluctuates greatly! For example, one play test the yellow keeper took the avatar on by himself when the blue keeper released it via claiming yellow's prison. In another, i had to kill it with two level 5 spiders and a level 5 (or rather, it was level 5 at the start of the fight) hellhound.

Finally, please, give me feedback. Lots of feedback. This is my first map, and i'd like to hear peoples suggestions and thoughts. According to Adikted, my script and everything else is clean of bugs and stuff, but if there are any, point it out to me, please.

Wait, not finally. More! I've kept the "reveal map" special next to your heart. Given the nature of the map, you won't be instantly winning if you do use the special - it might only spur some expansions quicker (eg, I WANT TAHT HORNED REAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) If you don't like to "cheat" then don't use the special

Oh, and yes, i do know this map is rather non-conformist. But i'm a non conformist! You can expect more "crazy, wacky, zomg wtf don't i get a minute to get my bearings?" maps in the future, if this gets a decent rating or whatevs.

SEARINGFLAME2 OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait. THATS RIGHT! YOU NEED TEH LINKZ? http://www.box.net/shared/8z7gppk3ui

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: The Pit

Hmm, probably shoulda play tested it a few more times before releasing it. Oh well, nothing game breaking, really. Just extra tidbits that i've learnt and changed since then to make it better.

I might re-release it, but to be honest i'll put more effort into a new map; one that i didn't come up with on the spot. Nope, i had this idea for MONTHS. Problem is, can you send hero parties to co-ordinates as opposed to "attack playerX"?
    Hmm, dw, i'll self educate. Scripting reference away!

I've played, and it's not bad for your first map, it's however, open to alot of improvement. I personally enjoy some randomness in a game, but your map truely break the scales of it.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Second time I try to download it
    The user hosting this
    content is out of bandwidth.

You might want to go look for another server to upload your levels.
    I tried to download it also a week ago.