Thread: Problem with Effects

Default Problem with Effects

Hi, been reading here for a while now!

Story:
    Digged dk2 out, installed, patched to 1.7, was really happy, found it boring, started building a map, had too many sleepless nights to just stop before editing too much.

So far:
    I have a really nicely working map with every creature changed (not the look but nearly everything else). Build most of the necessary triggers for rewards (special creatures like a lich (unique warlock) that under certain conditions can evolve (unique vampire) and more already added or planned) and have a good working generator concept for all kinds of special attacks by hero forces.

Problem:
    While changing the creature spells, I tried to make two versions of Hailstorm, one winterized edition (no lightning but freezes targets) and a normal. The spells are working but when I want to change some effects I don't need to get the two variants. In editor pro, it correctly changes and saves but to me it looks like the game then takes some things not from the globals but from original .kwd.
    Instead of starting, for example, the effect for creating the clouds, it just plays some awful half effect, I think was the original of the one I changed (changed everything aviable in pro).

Maybe anyone of you have good idea what stupid thing I did wrong or if it's not my fault how to bypass (maybe by changing the original .kwd with hex or hopefully something much better ^^).

Maybe even somebody is so kind helping me to finish this further and if the version is play worthy, testing it as long as it will be fun (so far mp+sk for test)
    and as soon as I can get it finished, I will place it here for everyone.

EDIT: What the heck is a live topic? ^^
    Forgot: I got a bug that many creatures sometimes get stuck within portals but couldn't find any solutions. Ideas?
    Sorry: I hate interpunctuation or things alike as much as they seem to hate me

Edited by DragonsLover. Please be much careful next time!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DragonsLover; January 2nd, 2010 at 22:18.

Default Re: Problem with Effects

It will be so much easier to read your post if you use commas and dots. Thank you.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Yeah, it was surely "Konfusing"!
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

uh, so hard to follow your thought even after editing. You need some work on your grammar =)

okay, from what I understood, you have an edited hailstorm that you have changed to basically be another spell. Well, this is tricky, nobody has actually done that. I'm afraid it doesn't work because the game does not recognize that spell at all, or recognizes it partly (that's why so many strange animations). First, check all the strings that are being executed by this spell. Be sure that you have every effect "glued" to an existing effect. If some of your effects are not copied for a new spell, it may refer to nowhere and as the result, use the initial KWD.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Many thanks

Till now i've checked it again and again. Already found 1 little error but that didnt solve it.

@Hapuga: I think you have the right idea. It all points to only one effect that misbehaves. Maybe its possible for me to repair that.

But for now again i have to heal DK2 from crashing .

I know my thoughts in letters or words are a constant pain for people outside my brain.