Thread: Mana Sprite

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Mana Sprite

Mana Sprites are mana-loving creatures who are known to kill imps and drain mana from mana vaults lowering your mana income. They are also attacted to neutral mana vaults and can drain mana from magical items - sapping there power and weakening their effects if found and deployed. For example - if a mana sprite feeds on an "Increase Level" special and a keeper finds or uses it - it may only increase creature level by say - 50%.
    They also gain mana from destroyed dungeon hearts and Keeper tiles - but these are a last resort feeding method.

Health: Low to Moderate
    Attack: Moderate
    Defense: High
    Armour: Low
    Accuracy: Moderate to High
    Speed: High
    Dexterity: High
    Intelligence: Moderate
    Wage: N\A (Mana sprites collect wages in mana from the nearest mana producing thing, they do often steal extra at intervals though)

Behavior
    Though primarily neutral, Mana Sprites may be tortured into service. They are neither good nor bad but will do anything for their mana fix. It they can't get to a temple or claimed mana vault they will start killing your imps

Skills and Battle
    As tricksters, they are useful in battle as they can conjure all types of illusions and even have a watered-down version of turncoat.

Level 1 - Melee
    This skill allows the creature to attack enemies in melee.

Level 1 - Flight (Inherent)
    This skill marks the Mana Sprite as a flying creature and allows it to cross lava.

Level 3 - Decoy
    This skill allows the Mana Sprite to cast a spell which creates a decoy whose health is twice its own, but whose attacks do no damage. Upon being invoked nearby creatures have a 30% likeliness to switch targets to it. Goblins, Skeletons, Spiders, Beetles and Flys have a 50% chance because of their lack of intelligence or initiative. Warlocks have a 10% resistance due to their knowledge of mana spell-casting.

Level 6 - Lesser Turncoat
    This skill allows the Mana Sprite to cast a spell which will temporarily confuse a creature causing it to attack its friends for a limited amount of time.

Level 10 - Wild Turncoat
    This skill replaces "Lesser Turncoat" and instead of making a creature attack his friends, it will make him permanently switch sides. This only works for neutral Mana Sprites and doesn't replace Lesser Turncoat if in the employ of a Keeper.

Lair
    Captured Mana Sprites create lairs that resemble misc items dumped next to a small stalactite. It will occasionally flare up with a sparkle of residue mana.

Appearance

Suggestions

Keeper Spells
    Summon Decoys
    Summon Wraith
    Traps & Doors
    Mirror Trap
    Glass Door
    Arrow Slit/Loophole
    Creatures
    Gargoyle
    Savage
    Mana Sprite
    Alchemist
    Peasant
    Gremlin
    Grave Rider
    Creature Spells
    Bat Swarm
    Specials
    Trophy Specials
    Last edited by MeinCookie; February 4th, 2011 at 22:34.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Default Re: Mana Sprite

As your last suggestion, able to know their stats, skills, and almost everything else can help out.

But so far, they sound pretty unique.

Sounds like a pretty nice addtion to the Good side even though they are considered neutral. And their behavior of killing imps is a good meassure of preventing people to get many of 'em.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

I imagine it as a light blue-ish blob with shiny particles in it. Maybe wizards are able to 'summon' them?

They would fit the neutral side nicely though, secretly invading your dungeon since their liquid form allows them to pass through the cracks in your walls.

Gamer IDs

Slipping through cracks in the walls to get high on dead imp corpses? love it

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

when I read the thread title I imagined the mana sprite as a light blueish cloud type thing that sparkles. I also imagined it would be pretty easy to kill but anyway it's a good idea. It fits.

Yeah... I imagine it flying around "looking for it's next victim" and weakish but agile (stats). Also maybe they're attracted by "the energy" of the dungeon heart

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

...Can we get more infomation?

Like, what skills does it learn?

Its jobs? Lair?

>:l

I like it's purpose but I have issues with the creature. Neutrals are don't seek out your dungeon, so it will most likely never find a temple or mana vault as a neutral.

It will need to be able to steal mana elsewhere than just temple and mana vault.

May I suggest it steals mana when walking on your tiles? I'm not sure if tiles will give mana on WFTO but if it does, it could be a possibilty. Also, It should be able to steal from your heart.

It will need to be able to multitask stealing mana and fighting at same time because for the time it does find mana to steal, it will stop to fight any near by creatures especially imps. If you let it steal from heart, it will definetly need to multitask.

Would killing imps have higher priorty over other killing other creatures?

Gamer IDs

Imps are creatures born of mana that take mana to sustain - most definitely they would.

That said this is an old suggestion which reminded me a bit to much of the pixie to be honest . I might do some stuff on it, add stuff and redesign.\

EDIT ~ All right - I went and did some stuff. Didn't mean to just yet but I did =/
    Last edited by MeinCookie; February 4th, 2011 at 22:35.