Thread: Sultan

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

Default Sultan

Name: Sultan/lord of the land ?lesser sultan?

Stats: I'm not sure about stats but more offensive and quicker than a knight or lord of the land but has less armour/defence

Skills: again not sure about skills but similair to lord of the land/knight

Information: My idea is that in some levels instead of having a lord of the land that's based on a knight you have a sultan as the lord of the land. Or maybe it could be a replacement for the knight in some levels. I got this idea from looking at the alchemist. Maybe also other heroes can be changed slightly maybe the wizard made to look different.

Behavior in Dungeon: walks around surveying his troops, likes to wander around the treasure room.

Jobs: Works in the workshop

Behavior in OverWorld: similair to behaviour in the dungeon, walks slowly and controlled apart from if he sees an enemy.

Obtainable By: Torture (if the lord of the land can be tortured like in DK1), heroes automatically get them, ?obtainable the same way as knights?

Style: Fighter (probably?)

Hang Out Group: sultans are solitary they do not seek to "Hang out" with other heroes, ?if there are sultan equivalents of knights then they "Hang out" with them?

Hates:Creatures, barbarians, losing

Loves: Working in the workshop, battle

Lair: Some sort of throne or something (if heroes have lairs), similair to the knight only more middle eastern in design

Appearance: Red silk clothing with gold embroidery, a turban, pointed shoes, curved sword

How Introduced: As hero when the overworld is arid dry and desert like

Attracted by: not really attracted

I know it seems kind of generic but I think that the heroes perhaps need a bit more variety. The best way to do that in my opinion is to have different "army types". Sultans are heads of the middle eastern army types, lord of the lands are heads of the european folklore (traditional dungeon keeper) army types etc. In the army types would be equivalents for each type of hero so there's the wizard archetype, the fairy archetype, the knight archetypre etc. For the middle eastern army type it should probably be an amalgamation of several different cultures that all give off the same effect.
    Also can someone please post the stats of the lord of the land or knight so I can use similair stats.

Default Re: Sultan

(tableslam)

we definitely don't need to transfer our story to middle east.

Keep it in Europe, please.

Instead of creating a lot of new doubtful figures, take classic ones and try to make them interesting. Create a lord of the land and create a great story/character around him. That's variety. Because this idea is very wrong. What next, America's indian warchiefs?
    Last edited by Hapuga; December 24th, 2009 at 14:47.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

I understand that dungeon keeper should be kept in european folklore but why can't dungeon keeper go to the middle east for like one level (like on holiday). I didn't mean it to be a permenant thing just to be a rare occurance to break up the gameplay a bit and provide variety.

once again, if you have a great story, you don't need that variety. That's why we need some lore. and a great story.

quality, not quantity.

Nice hero, this creature would fit in with the addition to WFTO but not all that much to original WFTO.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    we definitely don't need to transfer our story to middle east.

Keep it in Europe, please.

Instead of creating a lot of new doubtful figures, take classic ones and try to make them interesting. Create a lord of the land and create a great story/character around him. That's variety. Because this idea is very wrong. What next, America's indian warchiefs?
    Agreed that this is based around European Folklore and History (or a lose interpretation of it), but you must remember what most of Europe was doing around the middle ages. They were crusading through the Holy Land.

So although it isn't feasible to add a Middle Eastern desert land to the Overworld with underground tunnels made of pearl and ivory with bombay arches and what have you, there was still a lot of ideas flowing from and people flowing from east to west.

These include mercenaries. These including thinkers and philosophers. These include strange foreign inventions (for example, the Saracens invented the first torpedoes). I'll agree the royalty is a bit of a stretch.

The point is that these influenced the European collective pysche.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Oh my goodness. Are you giving me a free history lecture or what? We have the setting in this time, it does not mean that it FOLLOWS HISTORY EVENTS.

We have a medieval setting. We have holy knights, castles, elven archers and a Wonderland, a land of Goodness and overall happiness. Brave and caurageous heroes dwell here.

Finish.

If you want to include something extravagant OUTSIDE this world, you have to give a strong reason why. Like, retelling the story, moving to a different csenario, traveling beyond these borders.

As far as I know, the very game is based on "evil is good" and "it's good to be bad" thing. Good versus Bad. Goodly knights versus Badly minions of the underground.

How will these guys fit? They are not good enough. they are not bad enough.

I would agree on this creature if it were some kind of a wandering neutral.
    Last edited by Hapuga; December 24th, 2009 at 21:49.