Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Releases and news

Default Re: Releases and news

New release.

Version: 0.4.5

Spoiler

In short - workshop boxes count fixed, computer no longer places traps on rooms, kinky torture fixed, more options in config files.

On top of that, noticeable changes are that creatures remain unconscious when their dungeon hearth is destroyed and that keepers now defend their dungeon heart when under attack.
    Last edited by YourMaster; July 7th, 2014 at 23:13.

Ghost

No more hearth sniping.. I have mixed feelings with that. Some maps will get insanely hard now..

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    No more hearth sniping.. I have mixed feelings with that. Some maps will get insanely hard now..
    Arguably, perhaps even objectively, maps that require such are very poorly made and any negative impact on said maps as a result of this change shouldn't be too much of a worry. Outside of that, it's just stupid abuse of AI and I really like this change.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

New release is coming.

Because of recent switch to SDL2 library, I think we need a last release with previous SDL 1.2.
    Also, recently we've fixed many bugs, so this version is stable and has well tested computer player.

I will include all libraries needed by SDL2, so that new nightly builds will work on files from this release.

Very good, there has been many fixes/changes since the last release so it was about due. The new release will allow the latest maps and campaigns that are created with the new script commands to be playable by people on the main versions.

Also a good opportunity to include the files needed for future issues which cannot be done in nightlies: Issues 418, 445, 531 and 438.
    And I'm guessing it is a bit late for 431
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 6th, 2015 at 01:59.

Since the development progress is getting faster, from now on the Nightly Builds will be prepared not only at night, but every 6 hours.

This will allow the testers to react faster on changes being made, but also will help in narrowing down regressions by generating more builds for bisections.

Default 0.4.6 release

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    New release is coming.
    I see 0.4.6 is now available for download on keeper.lubiki.pl. Happy to see another release, the last one was a while ago. The full change log can be found in the readme file and the wiki, but for me the notable changes are:

• Game music can now play without the CD in the drive. To get this to work look here.
    • Keepers now move gold from their dungeon floor to their treasure room.
    • Keepers now use Call to Arms to attack and alarm traps work well.
    • Keepers will focus a bit more on getting gold and training creatures and a little less on manufacturing.
    • In the campaign and deeper dungeons keepers will now imprison enemy units.
    • Mayor fixes in spell damage, creature armor and dexterity.
    • Removed a large part of the Dragonslover patch
    • Creatures will now cast heal to heal themselves out of combat.
    • Dragon is buffed to be more comparable in strength to the original game.
    • Heroes and creatures can now hear a Dungeon Heart beat when they are close.
    • Must obey spell can now be used to get Warlocks to manufacture and trolls to do research.
    • Vampires cannot be duplicated anymore by using a revive level special after they resurrect.

Besides these changes, there are also some new script commands and possibilities which allow for mapmakers to make some interesting new maps. The campaign and deeper dungeons have been updated to use these new commands were prudent. Look here on how to use new script commands.
    • IF_CONTROLS – Checks how many creatures there are while excluding those in prison. So you can now win maps when all heroes are imprisoned, no need to kill or convert them.
    • KILL_CREATURE – Kills a specific creature from the script. In the final campaign level this is used so you can no longer capture the first avatar.
    • DRAWFROM – A replacement to the old RANDOM command, selects a specific number or parameter from a list of values. Can be used to make levels play out differently over multiple playtroughs.
    • EVIL_CREATURES and GOOD_CREATURES – These variables returns how many evil creatures / heroes a player owns. Allows mapmaker to react to a player having lots of heroes in his army, for example by instigating a rebellion or disabling the use of the prison.
    • It is now possible for mapmakers to make levels where the player cannot use possession or cannot pickup creatures.
    • Mapmakers can now place heroes on guardposts. The heroes will keep defending the area.

Because these new options were already available in nightly builds, some campaigns and maps have already been created using the new script commands. Now everybody can play these:
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 5th, 2015 at 19:52. Reason: Changed code.google links to github

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tyrant Cenobyte PSN ID: Tyrant-Cenobyte

Default Re: 0.4.6 release

Pardon my ignorance, but how can we play:

New Game+ Campaign
    The Barbarian Campaign
    Thug of War
    The Death Clock

I've been on a long hiatus from DK for a while now and have gotten my appetite for it back. Am I missing something here to play these new campaigns?

Thanks!

Default Re: 0.4.6 release

Clicking the links above your post will get you to the download pages. There click the big green download button. Extract the campaigns/maps to your keeperfx folder (it should automatically place the campaigns in the campaigns folder and the maps in the levels folder).

Then run the game. New Game+ and Barbarian are campaigns to be found under the 'start new game' button, the other two are single maps and can be found under 'free play levels'.
    Last edited by YourMaster; July 14th, 2015 at 22:54.