Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases and news

Default Re: Releases and news

I'm not planning any release soon; most recent changes are always visible in Google Code page:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/updates/list

Imp

Question Re: Releases and news

Is it possible for you to impliment support for the models being used by NBK, Open dungeons and so on by having those sets in sub folders of whatever directory the originals are in and having an option in the keeperfx.cfg like this:
    ; Valid values for CREATURES - DEFAULT or NBK or OPENDUNGEON
    CREATURES=DEFAULT
    And of course they would be a seperate download altogether such as:
    keeperfx_0-0.zip
    keeperfx_pack_map_all.zip
    keeperfx_pack_ctr_all.zip
    obviously making sure that for specific maps / creature sets all is replaced with map / creature set name. also doing it this way should allow for a smaller main download. and one last thing if you do it like this then could you also make a detection feature for the campaign to auto load the first one if there is only one in the list.

edit: just had another idea, can you impliment support for the joypad e.g.:
    X/Y Axis & D-Pad move cursor / possed creature
    Z Rotation & L1 & R1 rotate view / turn left or right
    Z Axis & L2 & R2 zoom in or out / look up or down with possed creature
    Select open or close map
    Start pause or unpause
    X place building / trap / door / spell
    Square pick up creature / gold / special (auto-use)
    O drop creature / gold
    Triangle open or close options menu
    L3 slow down game
    R3 speed up game
    Last edited by awsdert; May 19th, 2010 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by awsdert View Post
    Is it possible for you to impliment support for the models being used by NBK, Open dungeons and so on
    I'm not planning anything like this. KeeperFX will have its own creature data format.

they would be a seperate download
    I want KeeperFX to be simple - download, unpack, play. No separate downloads.
    I'm sometimes publishing patches, but that's only because my internet connection is slow.

could you also make a detection feature for the campaign to auto load the first one if there is only one in the list.
    You never played KeeperFX, do you?

can you impliment support for the joypad
    That's task for someone who uses joypad. I'm not.

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    I'm not planning anything like this. KeeperFX will have its own creature data format.

I want KeeperFX to be simple - download, unpack, play. No separate downloads.
    I'm sometimes publishing patches, but that's only because my internet connection is slow.

You never played KeeperFX, do you?

That's task for someone who uses joypad. I'm not.
    Well 1: Is their someone willing to try making a converter (I really like the NBK models), 2: I do play KeeperFX but I remove some of the campaigns because I just dont want them, 3: I'd like to try implimenting the joypad but I've only recently begun learning c/c++ so I'm not even sure I can actually do it, let alone submit it for the project.
    Oh I might as well add my appreciation that you take the time to improve Dungeon Keeper like this, it really helps slow things down on a super fast system that can even handle PCSX2 at 100fps normally.

Edit: Okay, my attempt to multi-quote failed, someone mind telling me how I'm supposed to do that.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Edit: Okay, my attempt to multi-quote failed, someone mind telling me how I'm supposed to do that.
    Manually

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Well... [QUOTE][.QUOTE] Pretty simple since if you quoted you should have figured it out by common sense. Just replace the "." with a "/". To make it say "Originally Posted By..." put down an "=" afterwords, to make it look like [QUOTE=Example]. Get it? No? Read it again.

2: I do play KeeperFX but I remove some of the campaigns because I just dont want them
    All that does is make a smaller list and also pretty much gives you less maps to play. They're in order either by Alphabet... or in the order the files are in inside the campaign folder. (Usually that's in by Alphabet, I'll have to check again to be sure which one it is for sure)

That means that as long as you know your letters, it shouldn't really be a problem. And you want it to automatically go to the campaign when you select New Game if there is only one, correct?

Well there are alot of campaigns, so the odds that you only want one isn't likely when thinking in practical terms of everyone. To delete them you must remove them from the folder, which is rather pointless since you may want to try them out again, meaning you'll have to redownload them or copy them over again.

And if you're willing to do that, then why aren't you willing to go through one more menu? It is a very simple task. To do this, all you have to do is move the mouse to highlight the campaign you wish to play then click the left mouse button.

It is that simple, far easier than it is for Mefisto to create a feature which will rarely be used that provides extremely little use.

Well 1: Is their someone willing to try making a converter (I really like the NBK models)
    As do I, Bluto is a great modeller. However, if it was that simple... then how come NBKE was never finished? DK1 uses very well made and detailed 2D sprites. Changing the sprites with other sprites, while difficult and is not available in the current version of FX, is far more simple than exchanging sprites to models, I'm sure.

3: I'd like to try implimenting the joypad but I've only recently begun learning c/c++ so I'm not even sure I can actually do it, let alone submit it for the project.
    It would be cool but Mefisto has more important buisness to take care of.

Actually, a joypad might be more difficult. It would be troublesome to switch back and fourth between the mouse and the joypad in which you use two hands for.

Why would you need to switch these out? Well with the Joypad you can only move the Hand of Evil so fast without it being annoying and out of control. It would be especially troubling in battles. Therefore a mouse would be more convineint. (Or a DS Screen)

And if it is too slow, then in battle it will also become frustrating for the more cautious players like myself who are capable of saving every last creature yet fail miserably due to the limits set by the slow control of the Hand of Evil.

Oh I might as well add my appreciation that you take the time to improve Dungeon Keeper like this, it really helps slow things down on a super fast system that can even handle PCSX2 at 100fps normally.
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dotted
    Manually
    Uhh... I doubt he knows how to do so if he didn't figure it out in the first place (Or he missed it or something)
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; May 19th, 2010 at 17:50.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

2: I do play KeeperFX but I remove some of the campaigns because I just dont want them,
    You do realize that it would be easier for everyone to just not play them if you don't like some of the campaigns instead of removing them and asking Mef to program things that could also be done in game by clicking the left mouse button and waiting a few seconds, right?

The Awakening

Err...

I asked if he ever played KeeperFX because the feature he mentioned is already implemented.

In fact, it is like this from the beginning of KeeperFX CCP project:
    one campaign = no menu.

Implementing joypad:
    If you'd like to try, you can download current source code from SVN server any time you want.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Err...

I asked if he ever played KeeperFX because the feature he mentioned is already implemented.

In fact, it is like this from the beginning of KeeperFX CCP project:
    one campaign = no menu.
    Oh I see...

Needless to say, I don't delete campaigns so I didn't know. >_>
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Imp

1: The quoting thing - I was aware about manual part ut I thought the quote or multi-quote buttons were supposed to do that automatically which is why I was confused.
    2: I never did get around to deleting all but the main campaign so I never noticed, sorry about that.
    3: Only reason I delete the other campaigns mainly is because I can't be arsed to go down the list just to find the main campaign of the original game (only really want original and deeper dungeons)
    4: What I meant with the converter is getting it to take snapshots of the different angles of the 3d sprites and save as the images in the 2d sprites.
    5: I'm aware there are limits to the joypad (which by the way has a -127 to 127 value on it's joysticks which can be used to adapt the speed of how fast it moves the cursor). Also while a mouse is easier it does get rather uncomfortable after a while which is why need a alternitive means of input to switch to for a while). Plus I just prefer a joypad whenever possible.