Thread: Hospital

Default Hospital

Name: Hospital

Type: Room

Cost/Creature Spells: 1,000 gold

Does: Creatures who are dropped here will be cured of all deases and wounds. But they may get unhappy due to all the sick people around.

Backround- The Hospital is a great way for your creatures to relax after a harsh battle, and getting them ready for the next real soon.

Using trainned proffesionals, the hospita looks after your creature's diseases and injurys, and treats them right away.

Some might say "why not use the temple" or " This is useless"

I say, there's more.

Creatures who are placed in the room get treated faster than in the temple or lair, and this room may attract a creature that I have in mind.

But creatures who are left in here for way to long (some, less time than otheres), will get angry due to all the sick creatures in the area.

so, what do ya think. Be fair, honest, and use good critizism
    Last edited by Simburgur; August 30th, 2009 at 15:17.

I AM DK2PLAYER! HEAR ME PLAY DK2!
    Random mentor quote: Chickens are good Keeper. They provide the right nutrition and a good entertainment underground

WARNING: There is a $500 fine for trolling and complaining

WUJU STYLE!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: Hospital

I believe this idea was discussed before in the old forum - the infirmary, i believe. And yes, i believe it passed.

Nevertheless, the idea isn't bad, but my main problem with it is the "trained professionals" part - who? What?

If you can come up with a good who/what then i don't really have any other problems.

There's no point in adding a room when the uses are already provided by existing rooms.

Also, I don't think a hospital/infirmary is very "dungeon keeper". Injured creatures limp back to their lair, they don't get a cast and a sponge bath from nurse mistress.

If you want to play doctors and nurses, there's a great Bullfrog game called Theme Hospital.

The point of it was to also give creatures a faster healing time and imunity to the disease and gas like spells for a bit.

And I forgot it was already discussed.

I AM DK2PLAYER! HEAR ME PLAY DK2!
    Random mentor quote: Chickens are good Keeper. They provide the right nutrition and a good entertainment underground

WARNING: There is a $500 fine for trolling and complaining

WUJU STYLE!!!!

Good idea, BUT it would be more DK-like if:
    Only heroes possess hospitals/infirmaries (clean, peaceful places) and you can only defile them into laboratories (Dark, Messy, full of rust and dirt).
    Laboratories can attract a specific kind of creature, who can work there healing your minions in a brutal way (It makes them almost as angry as when they get tortured) and brew drugs that strengthen the creatures.
    Also if mutilation is in game, new limbs can be re-grown on your veterans.
    Creatures attracted:
    -Butcher (A massive, dirty, ugly humanoid, cleaver in hand)

and/or

-Witch

and/or

-Necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflame2 View Post
    I believe this idea was discussed before in the old forum - the infirmary, i believe. And yes, i believe it passed.

Nevertheless, the idea isn't bad, but my main problem with it is the "trained professionals" part - who? What?

If you can come up with a good who/what then i don't really have any other problems.
    Nothing has really 'passed' yet to be honest - everything is still up for discussion.

As for the 'Sounds like it should be for heroes'/'Not very dungeon like', why not have some crazy Witch Doctors in a Voodoo lounge instead of an infirmary/hospital? It would allow for the same functionality (and more if we wanted), and would fit with the theme.

Instead, we could have some medieval mad scientist/alchemist style creature that creates Frankenstein-like monsters with dead creatures, and 'repairs' injured ones.