Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [Special] Bond Creature

Default Re: [Special] Bond Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Umm maybe the keeper shold posses him before dying? less trikyer for you Moth?
    Doesn't change the fact that the keeper's kinda dead when he does die and therefore can't possess anymore.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Tomha

Yeah Moth has a point.

Plus if you the keeper are destroyed and all that's left is a spirit ( I read somewhere that's what the Mentor actually is. A dead Keeper a new one gains to help them so their fate wont be the same as the Mentor himself. I dunno if it's canon or not though. Real interesting concept in my opinion. ) and you do somehow possess a creature, then what? Your story would end there cause your not a keeper anymore but a creature. You could try avenging yourself but your still not a keeper anymore.

Plus after death your creatures go for the portal, ( if not dead ) and you have no mana to use Possession.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomha View Post
    I read somewhere that's what the Mentor actually is. A dead Keeper a new one gains to help them so their fate wont be the same as the Mentor himself. I dunno if it's canon or not though. Real interesting concept in my opinion.
    Do you mean "Mentor" as in the voice that tells you what is going on throughout your dungeon or "Mentor" as in the person that informs you about the land before you enter it and tells you how the realm looks after you destroyed it?

If the former, then you're more so referring to the Dungeon Keeper's conscious. He can feel/see everything where his power extends, and his power can reach all the land/creatures/etc he owns. When something happens, he can sense it.

If the latter, then that "Mentor" would pretty much be a servant of the Dungeon Keeper that informs him what's going on. He even refers to the Dungeon Keeper as his master several times throughout the game in DK1.

This is my interpretation of it and pretty much is going to be in the lore for WftO.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

If the former, then you're more so referring to the Dungeon Keeper's conscious. He can feel/see everything where his power extends, and his power can reach all the land/creatures/etc he owns. When something happens, he can sense it.

If the latter, then that "Mentor" would pretty much be a servant of the Dungeon Keeper that informs him what's going on. He even refers to the Dungeon Keeper as his master several times throughout the game in DK1.
    As a note comparing the two of them, the voices are the same, the speech patterns are the same, and both of them (including the Dungeon Keeper Consciousness) refer to you as Master.

So it would be fair to say that they are the one and the same? Though whether its your servant or your consciousness, I'm not really particular about.
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyraen View Post
    As a note comparing the two of them, the voices are the same, the speech patterns are the same, and both of them (including the Dungeon Keeper Consciousness) refer to you as Master.

So it would be fair to say that they are the one and the same? Though whether its your servant or your consciousness, I'm not really particular about.
    The voices are only the same in DK2, in DK1, they're different voices. I don't really recall any of the messages you recieve from the "Conscious" to refer to the Player as "Master", aside from one that went unused. You'll have to show me when the "Conscious" refers to the Player as "Master" in DK1.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

._.

Guys, can we go back to topic of the Special instead of trailing it off?

Fine,no undead keepers..

But atleast the leadership skillz,and the buffing skill costumized for each creature?

Uhm ok, sorry, taken to PM.
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Last edited by Mothrayas; July 24th, 2011 at 14:37. Reason: don't embed huge images