Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lords of Nether - A DK inspired game, with 3D Modeling by Blutonium

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Default Re: Lords of Nether - A DK inspired game, with 3D Modeling by Blutonium

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, like I said, best of luck. And you're right, the proof is in the pudding so we'll see what you're made of when you share something we can play around with and get a feel for your game. That's also the point were you can start to expect some actual useful feedback or course.
    Aye, we're working hard to get to that point so hopefully very soon!

Thanks again mate!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

I have to ask; since this takes inspiration from DK, are there going to be rival enemy underlords as well?

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Short answer - yes

Long answer - through the campaign you will encounter the Netherlords you did NOT choose to play as and will have to defeat them in various spectacular ways, which will also feature battling their underground forces and dominions. In addition we will have a multiplayer so you will be able to play versus AI and players like yourself

Shoutout to KeeperKlan's admins, thanks for making us a subforum guys! Really appreciate it!

This is most amazing news!! Also long time, Bluto

I wish I could offer programming help, but I am busy with a personal project. I will be closely following! Best of luck.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    This is most amazing news!! Also long time, Bluto

I wish I could offer programming help, but I am busy with a personal project. I will be closely following! Best of luck.
    Heeeey Hapuga! It's so great to see you guys again

I'm so excited about this project personally and it's great to see others get excited also, especially here on KeeperKlan!

We are kind of "underground" (hehe) at this point so feel free to follow us on any of our social media.
    We post different things on each platform, and KeeperKlan actually got a first look of our Troll & Gorgon concept art!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

I also have to ask; why four players and not eight? DK2 used to have eight during the planned stages but then they ended up with four + one ai only player. More than 4 players in strategy games are the norm these days and I know Unity can handle it.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Quote Originally Posted by impboy4 View Post
    I also have to ask; why four players and not eight? DK2 used to have eight during the planned stages but then they ended up with four + one ai only player. More than 4 players in strategy games are the norm these days and I know Unity can handle it.
    Four is not a limitation to players in multiplayer matches, it is simply the number of Netherlords available. We will likely have maps with more than 4 players in the multiplayer

Note: The Netherlord is the player's "avatar" in the game, acting as a command unit and a dungeon heart essentially. They are each unique characters that somewhat influence or enhance your playstyle.

Just finished work on a table for the Feast Hall.

Realtime render:

Wireframe render:

Now it just needs a texture!

Nice!

PS where did AO go?
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    Nice!

PS where did AO go?
    It's baking right now