Thread: Werewolf/Lycan

Imp

Default Werewolf/Lycan

Now I know that this whole Twilight craze in America (I don't know how hard it hit Europe) is defacing the bad-assness of vampires and werewolves, but I figure this project is an opportunity to show that these beings are NOT NICE and will kill you if you so much as hint at them being loving happy people.

Name: Werewolf

Stats:

Health:Average
    Attack: High
    Defense: Low
    Armour: Medium High (all that fur)
    Accuracy:Average
    Speed:High-ish
    Dexterity:Average
    Intelligence:Low
    Wage:Low

Skills:
    1. Scratch, regular attack
    5. Howl - Increases chances of enemy fleeing, may stun lower level and weaker enemies
    8. Infectious bite - affects only peasants: when a werewolf kills a peasant, the corpse gives rise to a temporary werewolf-like minion. The minion dies after a set period of time, depending on the werewolf's level. The chance of infecting a peasant increases as the werewolf's level increases.
    10. Berserk - For a set period of time, the werewolf's speed and attack greatly increase. This can only be used if the werewolf has <50% health.

Information: Obviously a melee creature, great in village raids. Will alternate forms depending on the location and time. For example, a werewolf walking in daylight will resemble a human, and have laughable combat skills, while a werewolf underground will be in his true form, and therefore stronger. When a werewolf is outside in the presence of the moon, their skills are heightened.

Behavior in Dungeon: Likes to train, maybe explore the overworld at night. Likes gambling and combat pit training

Jobs: Clumsy in workshop, not bright enough for research, but willing to do both i suppose.

Behavior in OverWorld: Depends on the time of the day. In daylight, a setting can be turned on to make the werewolf nonaggressive. This means that peasants will look at it as a human, and therefore not attack it. This makes werewolves useful daytime spies. At night on the overworld, a werewolf is almost uncontrollable. It will not respond to slaps and may try to evade the Hand of Evil (TM). It will not flee, and will even smell out humans from great distances and bound after them. Be sure to keep them under control if you want to keep a low profile!

Obtainable By: Up for debate. I was thinking they could be neutral, but maybe a new set of rooms might attract them through the portal

Style: Fighter, probably flanker. Not too sturdy, but vicious

Hang Out Group: It tends toward hellhounds and especially other werewolves (wolfpacks!).

Hates: Vampires of course, will get into brutal fights easily. Also hates heroes, but monks and paladins especially.

Loves: Combat, combat, combat. Loves dead corpses.

Lair: A normal bed, nothing too fancy

Appearance: Normal human during the day, maybe slightly hairy
    Underground, walks on two feet, runs on four.
    At night, increases in size, teeth maybe increase, muscles get bigger, basically ready to kill. Eyes should be red too.

How Introduced: Again, neutral hostile is likely, as they tend to be wild.

Attracted by: Up for debate

Hellhound

Default Re: Werewolf/Lycan

Perhaps a refinement on stats may be in order (I don't know), but I think the skills should be redone. The current skills listed doesn't seem to bring much uniqueness or playablity to the Werewolf.

Weak scouts during day, brutal savages at night, sounds like a good concept.
    Werewolves are between a decent line between beast and humaniod monsters, so this may pass for the ''Too Many Humaniods'' issue.

Howl may be overpowered, a Keeper drops all of his units, Werewolf howls, and his whole line of defense runs away in fear. AoE stun is also an issue.
    Berserk seems a little pointless to use, and it requires level 10.
    Werewolf Curse (Infectious Bite): Sounds ok, but maybe should be refined a bit more, like a passive % chance to pass it on (% chance = to level), leaves a debuff on the vitcim, if he/she surrives and is not cured, turns into a werewolf hostile to all factions (Can be cured via placement in Temple).

Sounds good, but may need to be thought out a little more. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by muhfish View Post
    Appearance: Normal human during the day, maybe slightly hairy
    Underground, walks on two feet, runs on four.
    At night, increases in size, teeth maybe increase, muscles get bigger, basically ready to kill. Eyes should be red too.
    Maybe even a monobrow? :P
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    Perhaps a refinement on stats may be in order (I don't know), but I think the skills should be redone. The current skills listed doesn't seem to bring much uniqueness or playablity to the Werewolf.

Weak scouts during day, brutal savages at night, sounds like a good concept.
    Werewolves are between a decent line between beast and humaniod monsters, so this may pass for the ''Too Many Humaniods'' issue.

Howl may be overpowered, a Keeper drops all of his units, Werewolf howls, and his whole line of defense runs away in fear. AoE stun is also an issue.
    Berserk seems a little pointless to use, and it requires level 10.
    Werewolf Curse (Infectious Bite): Sounds ok, but maybe should be refined a bit more, like a passive % chance to pass it on (% chance = to level), leaves a debuff on the vitcim, if he/she surrives and is not cured, turns into a werewolf hostile to all factions (Can be cured via placement in Temple).

Sounds good, but may need to be thought out a little more. Hope this helps.
    Sounds really good. Advice is always (or should always) be welcomed warmheartedly.

I was debating on howl, but I wasn't sure what other special abilities he should have. Maybe he should just have melee and infect?

And what about how to attract him? Any ideas?

I think a werewolf would be great, maybe they have increased dmg when the clock hits twelve?

Ps: I have never seen any of the twilight movies.

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

Walkerz I don't think any of us here have or will admit to have watched the twilight films. Personally I hate the whole twilight thing. I went into my local waterstones the other day and found myself surrounded by twilight related books. Even in the adult fiction section. I was so annoyed that I had to cover up the twilight books with decent books (ie not twilight).
    Anyway back on topic. Hasn't this been suggested before? I have no quarms with the werewolf idea as long as it's a neutral creature.

Anyway back on topic. Hasn't this been suggested before?
    It was on the old forum, by coincidence the very same person who is suggesting it right now.

Werewolf/Lycan

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    It was on the old forum, by coincidence the very same person who is suggesting it right now.

Werewolf/Lycan
    I wouldn't call that a coincidence.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

I plan on RP the Lycan for the Test Realm Asgard, however before I do so we sorta kinda need to suss out what attracts them.

I've been thinking, and Training Room, Hatchery, Guard Room and Combat Pit all seem to relate to the Lycan.

A human that knows it bares the curse wants to have sufficient sustenance at hand (so it doesn't maul it's friends when it goes ballistic) and also the oppurtunity to fight (slaughtering =/= fighting) something, which covers Hatchery and Combat Pit.

When he has clarity of mind in human form, however, he wants the chance to hone his skills in the training room (if applicable) and to Guard the land that he lives in like any normal Soldier.

My descriptions may sound somewhat overpowered, but having a creature that runs gun-hoe into a group of 10 enemy creatures (and there being F*** all you can do to stop it) is going to go down damn fast.

good idea but make it so you have an early warning when nightfall comes so if you want your wolves to live you can lock them up for the night