Thread: Wendigo

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

Default Wendigo

Name: Wendigo

Stats:

Not sure about stats but fast (walking) not very strong and weak to incoming attacks. Will be easily killed in combat.

Skills:
    Level 1: melee
    Level 2: fear When targeted at enemy makes that creature run away no matter what the odds are doesn't work for creatures more than three levels higher
    Level 5: Some form of turncoat but afterwards the creatures will be quicker to anger and eat any dead corpses it sees
    Level 8: Group fear slightly weaker form of fear but applies over a blast radius out from the creature doesn't work for creatures that are level 8 or higher
    Level 10: Insanity when cast on enemy they will instantly go angry. If they are brought back to happiness they will from that point on eat corpses whenever they see them and get angry more quickly. The creatures will not be able to work very well nor will they be able to sleep for any long period of time. If they see the same wendigo again they will become angry once more. (long recharge).
    All spells effects are nullified once the creature is dead.

Information: The wendigo is a weak creature and it's magic does not damage creaures very easily but it affects the enemy psychologically. Causing fear and madnes deep within the enemy ranks. Wendigos will rarely eat chickens and will only eat corpses.

Behavior in Dungeon: The wendigo likes to hang around graveyards.

Jobs: Torture (not as good as the mistress)

Obtainable By: Portal, temple Turns to ash when dead so not torturable ?a limit to how many can be attracted maybe?

Style:Support

Hang Out Group: Other wendigos and the undead

Hates: The temple, most other creatures

Loves: Eating corpses

Lair: Something to do with bones ?maybe a north american india totem pole with the hroned reapers head somewhere on it. The wendigo would wrap itself round the totem pole when it's sleeping?

Appearance: The wendigo is incredibly bony, emaciated(more than humanly possible) , humanoid in body structure, Pink skin (not entirely flesh toned) with a red tone in the gaps, in human claws instead of hands, bent over forwards almost hunch backed, twisted face with re sunken eyes, sharp pointy teath, bald. Maybe the face might look something like this:

How Introduced: Creature later on in the game

Attracted by: large graveyards a certain amount of kills or dead creatures on your land.

This just an idea I haven't thought it out properly yet but the basic idea is that it affects the enemy psychologically not physically. It's also meant to be like the wendigos of native american folklore not modern interpretations. Constructive comments please.
    Last edited by tehbassdemon; January 12th, 2010 at 19:34.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Wendigo

Seems way too powerful but also seems to have alot of mechanics.

The Turncoat like spell at level 5? Damn... that'll be soem spell!

There are WAYYY tooo many mechanics for this one, too complex for all these things it does...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

The spells aren't really that complicated because there are really only two spells the other two are upgrades but yeah I can see how they are a bit much. Also the whole point is that they are very easy to kill. A very weak creature. They need the fear spell to stop themselves from dying, all the spells have long enough recharges as to make it difficult to cast them more than once in one fight. Maybe I should add something to what should attract them and maybe a limit.

What is it with creatures and eating corpses all of a sudden?

In my day Chickens was enough.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tehbassdemon View Post
    The spells aren't really that complicated because there are really only two spells the other two are upgrades but yeah I can see how they are a bit much. Also the whole point is that they are very easy to kill. A very weak creature. They need the fear spell to stop themselves from dying, all the spells have long enough recharges as to make it difficult to cast them more than once in one fight. Maybe I should add something to what should attract them and maybe a limit.
    Keep in mind that in DK1, the Fairy was hugely powerful with her set of Spells. The thing is that without a proper defense, she's not very good. And Lightning takes her out very quickly. Plus she takes a very long time to train. She had her ups and downs, and needed good strategy to use to the fullest.

Remember that this creature could be good powerful because there can be more, and use a proper defense. It isn't a standalone creature, but still is extremely tough. Has more potential than a Fairy, and without limits of these spells it seems they will be too easily abused such as in higher level creatures and purhaps even a Knight to be brought to your side.

Edit-
    Maybe take out some of the complexions, and set some limits on the spells.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Silly overpowered creature with silly spell-mechanics.

Unless of course, it cannot be imprisoned or be brought back to the lair and so once dead all spells' effects are instantly removed. When it dies it can just turn into dust/ash.

Making the creature weak to attacks would make this an ideal non-countable-towards-population support creature which could be easily taken out with spells.

Adds a lovely tactic to the game if you do get one of these.