Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: We are getting publicity

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: We are getting publicity

Quote Originally Posted by dk2player View Post
    to oficallize, this ISN'T a sequil. EA said we can't use their title, so we basically have to make our own game that is simlar to what dk3 was meant to be.
    EA didn't say we can't use their title... they haven't even replied according to what dotted said.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Question Re: We are getting publicity

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    EA didn't say we can't use their title... they haven't even replied according to what dotted said.
    It would seem that Aaron Kaufman is really someone from EA. Though the only way I found to contact him is by PM on the C&C forums. This kinda leads me to the conclusion that the messages Sim posted were PMs.

I think we need Sims angle. Where is this reclusive chap?
    Last edited by A New Room; January 11th, 2010 at 10:15.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    It would seem that Aaron Kaufman is really someone from EA. Though the only way I found to contact him is by PM on the C&C forums. This kinda leads me to the conclusion that the messages Sim posted were PMs.

I think we need Sims angle. Where is this reclusive chap?
    The thing is the PMs aren't very official looking.

Quote Originally Posted by dotted View Post
    The thing is the PMs aren't very official looking.
    Screenshot that you requested permission from someone within EA who had the authority to allow it.

When asked about the permission, you show the screenshot of the PM.

Well it might not be English but it's good, hopefully this can get us more development members, the more the better.

While we're on topic of permission we really need something written down with the signature(s) of people with that authority and EA's logo on it for it to really be unfallible, probably best sent by E-mail. If we can't get the title 'Dungeon Keeper' we can always try to get a licence to use the characters and other likenesses from the existing Dungeon Keeper games.

All this tension over EA's permission to take DK's hand in marriage, is killing me.

EA if you are watching please be charitable, it would make me so happy I would buy 2 of any 1 game you name...
    Last edited by A New Room; January 16th, 2010 at 03:17.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

You don't need permission to create fan art. As long as you don't make a profit then there is nothing wrong and EA or any other company can't and won't do a thing about it. Ofcourse its always nice to have permission (its the right thing to do), unless your thinking of selling anything you make then you really don't need to worry.

We just have to wait and see