Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are getting publicity

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Talking We are getting publicity

I was wondering why keeper klan had a sudden spike in simultaneous users 3 days ago, i took a look at Google Analytics and lo and behold, not only did we break the simultaneous users record - we had more then 600 visits that day compared 300 normally.

Google Analytics revealed that the source of all this was a french linux website site, something that conformed to me that for WFTO being cross platform is vital.

Since the site is french, here is a google translate versionof the site: http://translate.google.com/translat...enC/29235.html

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: We are getting publicity

Doesn't say much about it actually being a sequal game... lolz.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

So now you want WFTO to be on Mac and Linux or something?

How lovely.

Tech demo WFTO's engine by finishing up NBKE otherwise you'll be shooting hundreds of people in the foot. ^_^
    "In this eerie world so bold and true, I stand atop the hill to get away from you.
    Transparent in indulgences and bewildered by trust, I'd happily assume that killing you is a must."

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

erm madkill that was the point from the start it was going to be multiformat it's not just a new idea. The more people find out about our little community the better I think. Although do we even have permission for wfto yet? Sorry wrong thread but I'm curious.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    So now you want WFTO to be on Mac and Linux or something?
    That has always been the plan. This is also why we are not using Kopavels engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    Tech demo WFTO's engine by finishing up NBKE otherwise you'll be shooting hundreds of people in the foot. ^_^
    We are no longer using NBKE as the engine. What we have done is we have teamed up with the guys doing a Ogre3D port of NBKE. We are still 100% focused on WFTO but since we share code we will indirectly be contributing to Ogre3D DK1 remake, and they will be indirectly contributing to us.

http://wiki.keeperklan.com/en/War_fo.../Engine_design here are some goals and ideas that have been discussed, however at this point it is outdated and no longer valid.

Quote Originally Posted by tehbassdemon View Post
    erm madkill that was the point from the start it was going to be multiformat it's not just a new idea. The more people find out about our little community the better I think. Although do we even have permission for wfto yet? Sorry wrong thread but I'm curious.
    If we consider Simburgurs email correspondence with an EA employee invalid then no, so far my attempts have been unfruitful. But i haven't given up yet.

"we have teamed up with the guys doing a Ogre3D port of NBKE."

Then whoever those 'guys' are I need to talk to them, since this ModDB NBKE page needs some updating of something other than just Bluto's models.
    "In this eerie world so bold and true, I stand atop the hill to get away from you.
    Transparent in indulgences and bewildered by trust, I'd happily assume that killing you is a must."

Gamer IDs

Yay publicity! Though I have to admit that for a sec I thought you were going to say some major gaming news site had mentioned us. But This is still pretty huge!

Quote Originally Posted by dotted View Post
    If we consider Simburgurs email correspondence with an EA employee invalid then no, so far my attempts have been unfruitful. But i haven't given up yet.
    Yeah contacting major corporations is always difficult.

But then again just think how many "can we use this" messages they get :P
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Doesn't say much about it actually being a sequal game... lolz.
    to oficallize, this ISN'T a sequil. EA said we can't use their title, so we basically have to make our own game that is simlar to what dk3 was meant to be.

I AM DK2PLAYER! HEAR ME PLAY DK2!
    Random mentor quote: Chickens are good Keeper. They provide the right nutrition and a good entertainment underground

WARNING: There is a $500 fine for trolling and complaining

WUJU STYLE!!!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dk2player View Post
    to oficallize, this ISN'T a sequil. EA said we can't use their title, so we basically have to make our own game that is simlar to what dk3 was meant to be.
    Its a spiritual succesor