Thread: Dungeons 2

Default Dungeons 2

Hi.

I would suggest Dungeons 2 become a new part in Inspired games.
    I know that Dungeons had bad reviews, but Dungeons 2 hasn´t many similarities with Dungeons and oriented more on the template Dungeon Keeper.

I bought Dungeons 2 with the 4 extensions and I can say I had at least 50 h fun and good game play with that. The humor from the producers is
    unique.

For me it is a mixture from Dungeon Keeper and Age of Empires (Dungeon can grow up like ages, upgrades for creatures, movement on the overworld).

Still in 2017 should come Dungeons 3.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Default Re: Dungeons 2

they did a better job sure, but it was still slow, largely uninspired with its heavy cartoon graphics and a humour solely based in referances to the point it was obnoxious and the narrator wouldnt shut up or stop breaking the fourth wall. I liked Dungeons 2 better than 1, but it's still kindof a letdown. At least they tried to go in a new direction though. Funnily enough they beat us to a few things like the overworld and the RTS creature control.

You're doing RTS creature control? What a shame.

Yes, but only on the overworld. In the dungeon they move free.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

We are, although they still retain a high level of autonomy (on the overworld however its only combat autonomy). This was mentioned pretty clearly when we presented the project here, im almost 100% certain.
    The hand mechanic was frankly awful and unweildy and allowed for utterly no form of strategy other than drop and pray. No thanks.
    Last edited by DBlac; August 13th, 2017 at 16:43.

I'm sure you remember correctly, perhaps I mentioned my disappointment then as well. A real shame, lack of control of the creatures is what makes the game. Perhaps you even still got too much control, especially in DK2 where you can pick up massive armies.
    The hand mechanic could be refined a lot, sure. I think the best way would be to only allow one creature to be picked up at once (and not from the menu), but allow you to command creatures you see walking in the dungeon to go do a certain task. (So say 'go train' at which point he will walk to a training room of choice, or not and needs a slap to be convinced, instead of picking up the creature and dropping it in the training room.) With additional mechanics to do battles and/or defense.

You don't need direct control for strategy at all of course. Or do you think in the real world there's no such thing as strategy when commanding armies or fleets? Delayed control can actually give an additional level of strategy, planning and decision making.

But I'll wait and see if you manage to compensate for the different controls and still make a fun game.
    Not so easy, I recently played a bit of War for the Overworld, and I've got to say the horrible interface and finesse in the controls is one of the major reasons why I did not want to play any further.