Thread: Ancient Keeper Workshop bug

Default Ancient Keeper Workshop bug

I'm trying to do Ancient Keeper camp but i'm stuck at lvl 1 (Red Carpet). I killed archers, got 10 mistress and trained some of them. I made a workshop with all mistress inside but the time work doesn't progress. I skipped a lot of frames but no door is made!
    Currently i've downloaded KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 + campgn directory from github (i saw it was updated some month ago) over GOG version.
    Here's saves:
    save.zip

"ancient" is the current save.

There is a fix to this?

Default Re: Ancient Keeper Workshop bug

There's no bug.
    I loaded your save, and indeed you couldn't produce anything in the workshop. However, looking at the trap pane, you can see you can only build magic doors, and your workshop isn't sufficient for that. Increase the size to 7x7 and reinforce the walls and your doors should build.

I did it and it worked for me no problem.

And by the way, which campaign directory are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    There's no bug.
    I loaded your save, and indeed you couldn't produce anything in the workshop. However, looking at the trap pane, you can see you can only build magic doors, and your workshop isn't sufficient for that. Increase the size to 7x7 and reinforce the walls and your doors should build.

I did it and it worked for me no problem.

And by the way, which campaign directory are you talking about?
    I forgot about 7x7 xD it works!
    I took the folder from here:
    https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx-unofficial
    Last edited by TheEnigmist; August 20th, 2017 at 17:15.

I think in this case there's no harm done, but in general that isn't a good idea. On github there's only the files that are versioned, basically only the source files that make the exe-file and some text-files. Maps/levels have a script file in that campaign folder you mention, but have 6 other files that go with it. When you only download a new script file, but don't get the rest of the files to match, you could get a non-functioning map.

I indeed recently made some more changes to keeperfx-unofficial, but I haven't made the time yet to test everything properly and make a new release.
    Last edited by YourMaster; August 20th, 2017 at 18:24.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I think in this case there's no harm done, but in general that isn't a good idea. On github there's only the files that are versioned, to get the basically only the source files that make the exe-file and some text-files. Maps/levels have a script file in that campaign folder you mention, but have 6 other files that go with it. When you only download a new script file, but don't get the rest of the files to match, you could get a non-functioning map.

I indeed recently made some more changes to keeperfx-unofficial, but I haven't made the time yet to test everything properly and make a new release.
    I see. Well I still have a copy of that folder, so I will restore it and w8 for your next update.