Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Black Menu after patched with GIM 1.05

Default Re: Black Menu after patched with GIM 1.05

I've encountered a similar bug in the past (the black flickering). There are multiple possible issues... it can be caused by programs running int he background (chat programs, programs with overlays, screen capture software, menu bars that are pre-installed on certain laptops and many more). I sometimes get a flicker when I receive a skype message. Make sure DK2 is the only program running to check this.

Try running the program with the command line parameters " -softwarefilter -32bitdisplay " (make a desktop shortcut and paste the - commands behind the "Target:" line, and behind the exclamation marks.

Try running the game in windowed mode (needs a registry entry change & doesn't work on my laptop with GIM, but solved the problem on my old computer).

You also might want to run the game in 640x480 resolution, but I cannot confirm that there is an effect. You could also try to update your gpu driver, because some can cause issues. I've read something about problems with Vsync in the past, but I cannot remember where that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Narachi View Post
    I've encountered a similar bug in the past (the black flickering). There are multiple possible issues... it can be caused by programs running int he background (chat programs, programs with overlays, screen capture software, menu bars that are pre-installed on certain laptops and many more). I sometimes get a flicker when I receive a skype message. Make sure DK2 is the only program running to check this.

Try running the program with the command line parameters " -softwarefilter -32bitdisplay " (make a desktop shortcut and paste the - commands behind the "Target:" line, and behind the exclamation marks.

Try running the game in windowed mode (needs a registry entry change & doesn't work on my laptop with GIM, but solved the problem on my old computer).

You also might want to run the game in 640x480 resolution, but I cannot confirm that there is an effect. You could also try to update your gpu driver, because some can cause issues. I've read something about problems with Vsync in the past, but I cannot remember where that was.
    I finally applied the translation file (replaced Text.str after GIM patch to get it back). The black rectangle doesn't appear. I tried -32bitdisplay but the game crashes as soon I start a new game, with -softwarefilter it doesn't.

I can't go over 800x600, I tried to set 1280x1024 through reg but it crashes
    Last edited by TheEnigmist; August 30th, 2017 at 12:34.

Nice . The suffix -32bittextures might also cause some improvements if it works. But for now it's fine as long as the flicker is gone.