Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for info on a bug - Imps will preference the DH to store gold and overload it

Default Re: Looking for info on a bug - Imps will preference the DH to store gold and overloa

While this thread is several months old, I have recently come across it and decided to test this myself. I had set up a map section with a single gold block with a treasury that is 4 tiles away east but with a wall of solid rock resulting in a long walk to it and a treasury 8 tiles to the south but unimpeded; the Dungeon Heart was 11 tiles away to the south-east. From my testing methodology over several tries the imps would consistently attempt to drop off gold at the treasury that is 4 tiles away geographically from their position and completely ignored the treasury 8 unimpeded tiles away; I did not observe them dropping off gold at the DH. The journey to the 4 tile treasury is substantially longer (about 40 tiles walk) than to the 8 tile one. It seems that imps will prioritize gold drop-off points that are the fewest map blocks away from where they were mining regardless of obstructions or the length they would have to walk to reach said drop-off.

There is more testing that can go into this but from my quick testing and analysis this bug did not exist. I was using GOG 1.7 by the way.
    Last edited by Saeva Veritas; May 13th, 2018 at 05:58. Reason: Choice of words

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for info on a bug - Imps will preference the DH to store gold and overloa

Quote Originally Posted by Saeva Veritas View Post
    There is more testing that can go into this but from my quick testing and analysis this bug does not exist. I was using GOG 1.7 by the way.
    Are you calling me a liar?

I use 1.3 and at this point, I'm not sure if it's possible to surprise me with any level of stupidity when it comes to the AI pathfinding, bugs, or really anything in this game. From my experience with this bug, it would occur on certain specific maps consistently, although I don't remember seeing any pattern in the maps of which it did occur, at least no pattern that was theoretically also present in other maps where the bug did occur. I only really started noticing it within my balance patch, so it's possible that either A) I somehow accidentally introduced the problem or B) I didn't notice the problem before because it didn't really matter. There's lots of things in DK2 that I didn't notice until after I started working on the patch, like the Manufacture bug. I don't really have time to test this sort of stuff anymore, as any time I spent on the game I'd rather have it spent doing something more enjoyable.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

If that is how you want to interpret it then by all means. I am merely am reporting my own findings in regard to this bug and did not experienece. I should have said "did not exist" as opposed to "does not exist" I'll admit though.