Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Trophy" Specials

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

Default Re: "Trophy" Specials

hmm... Trophy specials... nice idea. Although I don't think they should have a specific look I think it would be much cooler to have them as things to do with the level maybe like a statue in one level and a pool in another (something would be mentioned at the start of the level about it or something and when you hover your hand over it it would say the name of it). When you claim it you get the benefit from it and this can change sides. Maybe they could be in a treasury or a special room so that when you claim the room you claim the trophy.
    It would probably be foolish to have treat tis te same way as a specail because it's not. If you have it in your treasure room you could just pwn because the enemy can't get it until they've almost killed you giving you a massive advantage until that time. It should really be treated like a manor vault as it is actually quite similair in function.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Quote Originally Posted by tehbassdemon View Post
    hmm... Trophy specials... nice idea. Although I don't think they should have a specific look I think it would be much cooler to have them as things to do with the level maybe like a statue in one level and a pool in another (something would be mentioned at the start of the level about it or something and when you hover your hand over it it would say the name of it). When you claim it you get the benefit from it and this can change sides. Maybe they could be in a treasury or a special room so that when you claim the room you claim the trophy.
    It would probably be foolish to have treat tis te same way as a specail because it's not. If you have it in your treasure room you could just pwn because the enemy can't get it until they've almost killed you giving you a massive advantage until that time. It should really be treated like a manor vault as it is actually quite similair in function.
    I like this idea. It means more varying maps and more map objects. But there wouldn't be too many skins because it would be confusing.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    Damn... somebody caught on
    It is my way of bumping a topic without cluttering it
    I was kinda ignoring this topic, I was noticing stuff but Evi confirmed it for me.

Actually, it's smarter because you aren't cluttering nor raising your post count, but just be a little more conservative when doing that as it can be annoying to keep seeing no new posts so often, and people may begin to ignore it.

----------

Alright, how does it look? Does it appear like a special item? Is it mounted to the ground? And does it have some kind of symbol on it?

Also, I dislike the idea of you needing to build a room under it. Simply because when another tries to claim it, they claim your room and you need nothing to build. Did you know you can build traps and doors on mana vault tiles? You might want to consider that if it is similar to the mana vault in usage.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

Yeah not that many skins. In my opinion if there's a room under it then it should already be there and you shouldn't be abl t put traps on it.I also think this would (depending on gameplay) be a good thing to put in the deeper or overworld layers because it gives you something to aim for.
    Last edited by tehbassdemon; January 13th, 2010 at 21:54.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Yeah not that many skins. I also think this would (depending on gameplay) be a good thing to put in the deeper or overworld layers because it gives you something to aim for.
    Err... you didn't actually answer my question. This will never be implimented in right now because there is no appearance as of now, can't have it invisible in the game can we? :P
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Sorry wasn't talking to you there my computer took ages to load the thread back up and by the time mine was posted you had already posted sorry.
    I think we need to look for cool statues and things for refference.

Gamer IDs

Yeah not that many skins. In my opinion if there's a room under it then it should already be there and you shouldn't be abl t put traps on it.I also think this would (depending on gameplay) be a good thing to put in the deeper or overworld layers because it gives you something to aim for.
    Only a few skins, but what skins are they?

Several should be statues of things.
    -Soot blackened statue of giant? Good for Lava maps and the depths...
    -Crumbling statue of Knight
    -Evil Statue of Dark Angel

Altars?
    -Small squat altar with item ontop. (great for the centres of halls or rooms)

They sound like they'd look awesome
    Altars?
    An alter that looks like it's burning or melting for fire levels.
    and also some sort of shrine or grave type thing

An ice sculpture for ice levels maybe?
    We could have two skins for each area type. So two for snow/ice two for lava/fire two for normal/wet dungeons etc

Gamer IDs

They sound like they'd look awesome
    Altars?
    An alter that looks like it's burning or melting for fire levels.
    and also some sort of shrine or grave type thing
    Good idea. Ok.
    I'm going to make a proper list on first page