Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some questions

Imp

Default Re: Some questions

Got an Archer to throw GRENADE by replacing SHOT_ARROW with SHOT_GRENADE. Isn't it weird that if you want to use a spell, you have to replace an existing one rather than to us instance26 for it which is the GRENADE spell.

Well, of course it could be handled better, but it's not that weird. For technical reasons the Grenade spell isn't used, but is enabled for first-person. Mefisto could have made a special flag that says 'don't use this spell', but he didn't bother and it is just hardcoded that this spell isn't used.

If I 'enabled' the grenade spell the same way I did the fear and timebomb spells, you could not keep them assigned to the creatures that already have the grenade spell and you'd actually lose functionality.
    And so you don't have to replace an existing spell anymore, you can also replace one of the 4 'unfinished' spells like fear. That's exactly why I enabled those 4 to be used.

Imp

this thread got a lot about the grenade spell, but there was also a question about wether or not it would be possible to have evolving creatures like dragons and knight to be reborn to a former state, like demonspawn or thief when killed above a certain level.