Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some questions

Imp

Question Some questions

I read in the description of the KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 post that creatures can use: Chicken - Fear - Disease and Timebomb.
    Any idea if grenade is a creature spell, or could be one.

How do you assign these to your creatures? When editing the inp.cfg and giving it disease instead of teleport it still knows teleport. Same when changing it to TIMEBOMB , TIME_BOMB or CHICKEN.

Another thing i would find interesting would be that the REBIRTH abillity from the vampire needs some extra parameters
    e.g. REBIRTH 3 VAMIRE -1. It would mean that a level 3 VAMPIRE rebirths 1 level lower than the level it is when it dies, just like it is now. Or a fixed level for rebirth lets say 3.

The idea is that when using it on lets say a dragon you would get something like this:
    REBIRTH 5 DEMONSPAWN 3. A level 5 dragon receives the rebirth level at level 5, when being killed at level 5 or above it would rebirth as a level 3 demonspawn.

i play with: Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.6u build 1850 (standard release)

Default Re: Some questions

If you change the imp.cfg and replace teleport with another skill, it should have the other skill. If not you're doing something wrong. Either you have two versions of the game installed and are editing the 'wrong' imp.cfg, or you're loading a saved game (which includes the config files from the moment you started the level) instead of starting a new game.

The name of the spells to assign can be found as the instance name in the creature.cfg file. You'll notice for example that for timebomb it is not just 'TIMEBOMB' but 'CAST_SPELL_TIME_BOMB'.

Imp

It worked with the correct naming of the spell.

Edit: Somehow my level 2 creature with SWING_WEAPON_SWORD replaced by CAST_SPELL_TIME_BOMB doesn't use it in a fight it does use DISEASE however.
    Last edited by Edwin; October 16th, 2017 at 20:36.

Most likely because disease can be used as a melee weapon and timebomb cannot. Give it to a Warlock and see what happens.

O, and many creatures have the grenade spell, like the dragon and troll I believe, they just won't use them. This is because all the bouncing around would make the game explode, so you can only use it in first person, it is a very powerful spell.

Imp

putting it on a warlock showed the spell in action, little disappointed about it, thought it would leave a bloody mess like you sometimes see when creatures are killed with meteor or something like that, and do a big amount of damage and AoE damage like the grenade or word of power.
    About the grenade, couldn't a new instance be added with the same name as timebomb CAST_SPELL_GRENADE for grenade being used by creatures and the normal GRENADE to be used by the player only. that way the player/map maker can decide wether or not is usable by the creature.
    Or a patch/Nightly with it being Creature Usable and another patch/Nightly with it being Non Creature Usable.

There's a reason those spells aren't included in the regular game of course, they aren't finished. But you can mod your own game quite a bit now with what I delivered,... the four new skills that are now used aren't really that nice, but you can actually configure them to do whatever you want.

You can change how they work by modifying the creature.cfg file. For example change the last line of 'CAST_SPELL_TIME_BOMB' to this: 'Function = creature_cast_spell SHOT_BOULDER 0' and you'll have creatures throwing boulders instead. You can change all four added skills to have any possible spell or skill from magic.cfg and it will work, including the grenade spell. You can also use spells that are already assigned to other instances and give them different properties. If you give the timebomb instance the fireball spell, give it the 'REPEAT_TRIGGER' property and set the (first person) times really low you can get a flaming laser beam.

Imp

Managed to get the warlock to shoot boulders with: Function = creature_fire_shot SHOT_BOULDER 0 , but whatever i try they refuse to use the grenade spell. Tried it with Monks, Warlocks, Dragons, Orcs, Trolls, Bile Demons and Archers.

And with: Function = creature_cast_spell SPELL_GRENADE 0 they won't use it. What would be the correct function to make it work.

I don't know why a Warlock won't use a timebomb-grenade. I configured timebomb to be used the same as the meteor spell, and the fear, disease and chicken spells to be used the same as the freeze spell.
    I just tested it by giving Warlocks FEAR instead of FIREBALL, and replacing SPELL_FEAR with SPELL_GRENADE on instance18 of creature.cfg, and I got grenade throwing Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Managed to get the warlock to shoot boulders
    Now that's a powerful spell.

It is, especially because the creature throwing the boulders is immune to his own boulders.