Thread: Do I have to download a DK CD image from the internet?

Default Do I have to download a DK CD image from the internet?

So, apparently the CD image in the latest GOG version of DK DOES NOT contain the required files for KeeperFX.

Here's the content of the Keeper folder on the image.

Default Re: Do I have to download a DK CD image from the internet?

This is the language disk,......

In any case, I think you'd be better off asking your question here. I don't own the GOG version, so can't look for myself to see how to proceed. In any case, those required files MUST be somewhere as the game does not run without it.

Edit: Did you make sure to first install the GOG version of the game, and look the game.gog in the installation folder?
    Last edited by YourMaster; October 27th, 2017 at 17:53.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    In any case, those required files MUST be somewhere as the game does not run without it.
    That's interesting. maybe I should look in the game folder.

Did you make sure to first install the GOG version of the game, and look the game.gog in the installation folder?
    That's the KEEPER folder inside game.gog. Although, I didn't install it, I just extracted the installer. I doubt game.gog would be "generated" during installation...

At any rate, I'll extract all files and see if I missed something, then I'll ask around in the GOG forums.

I think the proper procedure is to first install the GOG-version of the game, and then in the game directory find a game.gog. Inside that folder you find the original files.
    But that's my guess without ever having seen the gog version of the game myself.

Quote Originally Posted by hgdagon View Post
    That's the KEEPER folder inside game.gog.
    game.gog IS the Keeper folder. You're looking inside the keeper folder and opening the Data folder.

I'm not sure if you'll need Daemontools to convert the .gog file or if KFX will accept it outright.

In any case, those required files MUST be somewhere as the game does not run without it.
    You were right, those files are actually in the game folder. Apparently, GOG removed all those files from the image at some point, and copied them straight to the installation folder, so you never need to mount game.gog, just point to your GOG installation, which is exactly what the instructions tell you not to do. In fact the more problems I run into, the more I come to realize the root - most (all?) instructions are horribly outdated.

Unhappy Re: Do I have to download a DK CD image from the internet?

Hello, I have this problem: I installed GOG version of DK Gold, then i dled the most fresh version of KeeperFX and copied the music from GOG ver. into music folder in KeeperFX and finally i switched "no CD music"

still, no music plays, any ideas?

I pasted them files in the same format: .OGG, tried with MP3's too, didnt work

HELP!

update:
    i dled the older version (0.4.5) and it didnt help BUT it seems that this older version has better graphics than the 0.4.6...
    Last edited by troco; November 1st, 2017 at 13:23.

The older version should not have better graphics than the newer version. If you have that as an issue, let's talk about that,....

However, KeeperFX only supports the on-disk music from version 0.4.5.1227 onwards (so that is not the release of 0.4.5, but a nightly build after that). So either download a nightly build that goes on top of 0.4.5, use the 0.4.6 or use the unofficial 0.4.6, or keep using your current version but put a music CD in your drive.
    If you do want to update, feel free to share what issues you have with the graphics,....

EDIT: If you can't get the music to work in 0.4.6 when you have '-nocd' enabled and the ogg files in the keeperfx/music folder please share your log. Also be sure to check the volume setting.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 1st, 2017 at 17:01.