Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keeper FX - My Pet Dungeon

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheGlaswegianBR PSN ID: GlaswegianBR Steam ID: GlaswegianBR

Default Keeper FX - My Pet Dungeon

Ello Squires.
    I am making (or trying to lol) a DK1 FX version of My Pet Dungeon, Using ADIKTED.

So far it's coming along great.
    My Question is. How would I go about submitting it to the site when completed?

Default Re: Keeper FX - My Pet Dungeon

Easy, you could make a topic here and/or add it to the 'downloads section' by pressing the 'Add new file'-button here: https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3

If the button does not appear for you, perhaps you've got to join the 'mapmaker' permission group, see here.

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Thanks! , I'm new around these forums so Dunno the dealio.
    Cheers again mate

no problem.

How are you going to allow the player to trigger heroes or hero-parties? Do you need some suggestions here?

Imp
    Gamer IDs

That would be great. I was wondering myself how to do this.
    Any suggestions? . my idea was as soon as the pool of heroes you can pick up to test your dungeon has been depleted it would spawn a new party into the prison. Any help would be much appreciated as well as credited in the post <3

I'm not in it for the credits.

Spawning a new party in the prison does not work, as they would not be prisoners just heroes dropping in on your prison.
    Unfortunately, there's no intended way for the player to interact with the script. No levers to pull, buttons to push or anything that makes it immediately obvious to the player what consequences a certain action has.

However, there are a few options with the script that can at least be used to trigger stuff, like spawning heroes or hero-parties. You can for example have the player trigger an action point and reset it again if you want the player to be able to repeat an action. However, if you just want to let the player get heroes a few times you can also go for a linear option, like counting how many rooms of a type a player has left, or which action points are triggered. I made you a demo map to show some principles: petdemo6543.zip

If you want to make the spawn-point look pretty, look at this topic. That can also be used to make the trigger point look special.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 7th, 2017 at 00:13.

Because I already did the scripting, I decided that I might as well finish the map around it. You can have it, feel free to make any modifications you want. This is it:

You can spawn the parties from the yellow, green or blue rooms by dropping a unit on the respective flame. You can't take over the spawning area.

I based it on the DK2 My Pet Dungeon, so its a map without any enemies. You can just build and build, and spawn the heroes if you want. You can't raise their levels or pick them up directly, but you can scavenge them out of their box. There's also no score, so I made the objective to get 100 creatures, but you can continue to play after that.
    The two bonus objectives are 'find the bridge' and 'claim all three portals.

Download here.

I must say, although the map is fully functional, I find it really boring to play. But I also don't like the My Pet Dungeons in DK2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map00250.png 
Views:	638 
Size:	340.0 KB 
ID:	1779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spawner.png 
Views:	720 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	1780  
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 13th, 2017 at 01:19.

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Sorry for the slow reply. I was stuck with a mountain of College work.
    Oh wow!. dude nice one. That's some really good work. I fill footer around with the map, but it's your work so will just keep it for fun.
    You are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I must say, although the map is fully functional, I find it really boring to play. But I also don't like the My Pet Dungeons in DK2.
    Yeah, it's a training room frameskip once you've got the 100.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Because I already did the scripting, I decided that I might as well finish the map around it. You can have it, feel free to make any modifications you want. This is it:
    You can spawn the parties from the yellow, green or blue rooms by dropping a unit on the respective flame. You can't take over the spawning area.

I based it on the DK2 My Pet Dungeon, so its a map without any enemies. You can just build and build, and spawn the heroes if you want. You can't raise their levels or pick them up directly, but you can scavenge them out of their box. There's also no score, so I made the objective to get 100 creatures, but you can continue to play after that.
    The two bonus objectives are 'find the bridge' and 'claim all three portals.

Download here.

Looks really cool!