Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Some Suggestions I Have

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Default Re: Some Suggestions I Have

Quote Originally Posted by damedog View Post
    I have a few suggestions maybe you can think over as you continue developing:

- 1st person possession. I know this would be a lot of work to implement, but imo it's one of the best features of the game. Possession runs where I try to fight most battles through grouping, exploring, and battling in 1st person rather than top down control of all units kept the game interesting and fresh for me for many years.

- How do the creatures interact with rooms/each other? It doesn't have to be anything major or affect gameplay, even small things can add a lot to a creatures personality.

- Keep the level system, learned abilities, and other pseudo RPG mechanics. But I doubt you would change that
    Hey DD, first of all, Possession is an extremely difficult thing to add especially considering the different framework of our game and engine vs what DK was built on. With us possession would essentially equate to building an entirely new game in code, maybe even certain assets like animations, sound etc, depending on various thing. Furthermore given our game is closer to an RTS by allowing you direct control over creatures, Possession will likely be a bit of a balancing issue at the very least, if it doesnt mess with the core systems in general. Ultimately we also want possession or something like it at the very least, but it has the potential of entirely killing our project unless we have copious amounts of time and funding to spend on figuring it out. If we do find ourselves in a good place as development on the main game progresses, we will further consider how to implement it or a feature similar to it though.

Theres plenty of creature interaction with environments or other characters planned, all that is needed is the time to create and implement it but it will come eventually! Things like minions reading books to entertain themselves even if there is no research active, certain creatures mocking prisoners etc.

Naturally, we still keep the lvl 1-10 and ability unlock systems, we think they are integral to this type of game!

I completely understand your points about how much time and energy it would take to implement first person mode, I do realize it's asking for almost an entirely new game. And I also realize that for the good of the project this would be, and should be, one of the first things cut so that the rest of the game systems can come out polished, workable, and fun. But, maybe way later down the road, when the game is completed, keep it in mind for a potential update maybe

thanks for listening!

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

We're certainly keeping it in mind already, no worries