Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Lord - a good campaign v0.99

Default Re: Revenge of the Lord - a good campaign v0.99

They manufactured, which was really helpful on the map.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexsa2015sa View Post
    I can't yet manage files here (and unless I fundamentally misunderstand something, it'll require permission as mapmaker), and as long as the link in the OP remains external, it's the latest version.
    Should be able to edit your files now. Sorry for the delay.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Warlock

Seemed decent enough, but that huge wave of undead made the game unplayable.

I redownloaded the file from the google drive yesterday, and did not encounter any massive undead waves. I started the second map, but am still just at the beginning.

Warlock

Just played the updated version. Nuked the heart and wiped out the enemy enclaves but there's no victory message for some reason.

Finished level 2. Need to ally white and yellow so white can move through yellows doors.

Other than that it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Just played the updated version. Nuked the heart and wiped out the enemy enclaves but there's no victory message for some reason.
    ...That's one extra if statement which didn't compute (after extra one added elsewhere since I forgot being already at limit here), and it just so happened to be the victory condition. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    Finished level 2. Need to ally white and yellow so white can move through yellows doors.
    Other than that it's great.
    That one yellow door? Shouldn't happen; it should've been white. Alliances with heartless players seem to be weird, as far as I noticed.

...okay, I seriously don't get how to go about uploading files here, so the google link stays for the moment.

Warlock

One thing i [expletives redacted] hate about level 2 is the fact that you have to babysit your imps. As in when you need to address other matters they insist on going to strange doors for some gods damned reason. They even persist if they know full well that there are enemies.

Also, Level 2 seem to suffer the same level 1 problem as in infinite waves of creatures that are impossible to even have a hope in hell of stopping. This level makes me feel as though when I even sneeze I'm getting my skull crushed in. It's not a fun challenge, it's just frustrating. The only way I could see myself remotely surviving that is if I had full access to Samurai from the getgo. Instead, I have to make do with Thieves and Dwarves and a single knight.
    Last edited by Hades; November 21st, 2017 at 12:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    One thing i [expletives redacted] hate about level 2 is the fact that you have to babysit your imps. As in when you need to address other matters they insist on going to strange doors for some gods damned reason. They even persist if they know full well that there are enemies.

Also, Level 2 seem to suffer the same level 1 problem as in infinite waves of creatures that are impossible to even have a hope in hell of stopping. This level makes me feel as though when I even sneeze I'm getting my skull crushed in. It's not a fun challenge, it's just frustrating. The only way I could see myself remotely surviving that is if I had full access to Samurai from the getgo. Instead, I have to make do with Thieves and Dwarves and a single knight.
    It's an unexpected sentiment, although I'mbeing biased because I already know what to expect - and I didn't find any bugged endless loops here, only the intended ones. Have any of the enemy rooms been claimed, because that *does* reduce the attacking waves (a fact which remains true across the entire campaign) and the full-blown invasion *is* intented to be unstoppable (If you destroy blue and yellow first, the green/white are manageable)? Have you tried using more Fairies - they're frail for sure, but still worth their Lightning? Were Archers attracted (they're better at workshop if you're not Speeding dwarves)?Did you set up a corridor of death with traps which has an open line of sight with Traiining Room? And lastly, why in the name of all holy Thiefs are present on the battlefield? They must stay behind training, training and training up till level 10. About imps: have you tried Concealing them? There are no creatures to detect them beyond stray Flies, and if they want some doors knocked down, there's usually little reason not to satisfy their urge to go south (at least I never had any problems with that)

That said, I'll likely reduce difficulty of the level. On the same note, does the difficulty level mismatch the description of "at least as hard as last DK levels'? Because I don't recall levels upwards from 17 being particularly frustrating to beat.

Edit: (And I still can't update the file here on forum, because it keeps throwing error 413 "request entity is too large". What I'm doing wrong?)
    Last edited by alexsa2015sa; November 21st, 2017 at 15:28.

Level 2 kicked my shit in on the first try, but only because I was playing idly and digging up the world. On the second try I took more notice of the opening message and was proactive with clearing out the lairs and guardposts. I will admit I leaned very heavily on archer-possession to clear out the guard posts though as everyone is just too squishy to straight up mob-fight them. Anyone that tried to do these levels without possession is an absolute madman.

Here's my report on level 3;
    "My liege, I have divined that a force of vampires from Misty Bog is approaching from south-east". No vampire attacks ever showed up. The only vampires present were those guarding the gems at the bottom.

Secondly, the player is able to 'wall-off' blue permanently by breaking alliance, claiming the outer tiles near the river and building guard posts, making him impossible to attack. They can then set ally again. It's also technically possible for the player to guardpost the entire right side of the map, dig into the gems and be completely protected from attacks while mining the gems. They'd have to cull their way through 200+ level 4 orcs/trolls/warlocks when they eventually did want to fight, but i'm just giving you a heads up that it's possible to do. The hero parties started ignoring Blue very quickly into the level anyway so it'd only be worth guardposting him if you were going to guardpost the entire river.

The "Lose if blue dies" script isn't indented properly -- And yet it still triggers. Nevermind, I guess. Blue was able to take a really hard beating before he finally died. He tanked the level 7 parties for quite a while. I feel like the "defend blue from the heroes" aspect of the map doesn't really kick off and it ultimately ends up as another "Trash the spawners" level, but with a big blue ball at the bottom.
    Last edited by Woudo; November 21st, 2017 at 16:25.