Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Lord - a good campaign v0.99

Default Re: Revenge of the Lord - a good campaign v0.99

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    ETA: Final level is absolutely impossible. As in, imps will get slaughtered by the blues who have a weird predilection for sending out imps to die, while the hero waves force you to overstretch (as in your heroes will be partially rested while the heroes have infinite respawns.
    The AI at the last level breeds vampires. The imps are trying to get corpses, to die and create more corpses. Don't kill within blue vision if at all possible, and you can avoid them running around. in the final test run, I've fought ~45 heroes vs ~35 blues, and won after several reloads because the melee combat was very chaotic; I simply Destroyed Walls in the end to clear the space for casters since it happened just after I secured gems and mined the 30k gold.

For white attack waves: same as level 2, if you can't defeat them, you're not destroying/capturing their rooms fast enough. As in, I know I added level 10 attack waves, but I never saw one (except unconditional Horny and Mistress) attacking in actual game. Sure the transferred level 10 knight from previous level vastly simplified things, but I've tried without it to a limited success (ran out of gold before securing gems and gave up because workshop was small) and it's possible to wall off most of the attackers using lava corner+bridge slab if you're truly desperate and take out rooms via sniping+conceal... not that I tried. The level 4 stuff wasn't harmful enough.

Anyway,3 more neutral heroes were added for rescue to streamline things.
    (Edit: I still can't update the file, but that's not really relevant compared to new evil keeper maps I've made.)
    Last edited by alexsa2015sa; November 27th, 2017 at 04:46.

Finished level 4, but bear in mind I haven't updated at all and are still on the original version, so what I say may already be fixed.

Green attacked super early, which you mentioned in a previous post, so I simply restarted and walled him off; keeping only the southern hero castle on my side of the fence. Slowly explored the map, trained my heroes and took over the castle. Killed the hellhounds by guardposting them into the lake and letting them out 4-5 at a time. Killed the dungeon heart party by breaking them apart with magic doors and skirmishing in lightning trap rooms. Then it was a case of smacking that fast-forward button while half my troops trained and the other half built magic doors. When everyone was a ten, I popped the multiply and rolled over green.

Problems;
    - When you kill the hero heart, you're presented with what feels like the end-of-level text ("You're done here, now fuck off and go dick some vamps in misty bog"), but I still had to kill green and the after-parties. It doesn't take into account what sequence the player has done the main objectives in.
    - There are some mistresses in a cavern just north of the player which are allied to green. Green doesn't normally have mistresses so I feel like they're supposed to be white-owned rather than green.
    - I used my bridge, got given the message and then deleted the bridge. However I was never able to build it again.
    - For the starting message "A local chieftain has challenged you.", I feel like the eye should point towards green's dungeon heart rather than the players.

For the first secret level, what is the guard post at the very top of the map supposed to be for? I was thinking it harboured a secret action point, but no dice.

I've yet to start the third level, but the 'eye' of the objective messages is consistently wrong in the first two levels as well. It seems to be always set to the player, instead of either to the direction of the objective or disabled.

Warlock

The problem is, even when I have taken over the spawning bases, they still come over in the southeast.

Well, I've played a bit of the third level, and am going to try something different next time.

I started out carefully mining the gold tot he south without opening up my dungeon, quickly picking up gold before the blue imp took it. I also mined the gold around my heart and trained as much as I could. I never got more than 3 barbarians so my army was again very weak. When I got the message I had to take over rooms(playing v 0.994) I took over the first guard post you stumble into when you kill the trolls into the south-east gold, and claimed my second portal. I tried to look for other rooms to take over, but all the adjacent rooms are with level 10 bile demons, dragons and I even noticed lvl10 reapers.
    But this also opened up my dungeon, and while the message say that blue is supposed to get attacked, all units attack me instead. My army just can't handle bile demons, and even orcs do too much against my soft army. Next time I will attempt to keep my dungeon closed and exploit my workshop instead. I noticed the invaders are quite low level so they are vulnerable to traps. There's also a path to the east with lava, so going that way might keep my dungeon saver for a bit. I still have no idea which rooms I've got to claim to stop the parties that attack me.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, I've played a bit of the third level, and am going to try something different next time.

I started out carefully mining the gold tot he south without opening up my dungeon, quickly picking up gold before the blue imp took it. I also mined the gold around my heart and trained as much as I could. I never got more than 3 barbarians so my army was again very weak. When I got the message I had to take over rooms(playing v 0.994) I took over the first guard post you stumble into when you kill the trolls into the south-east gold, and claimed my second portal. I tried to look for other rooms to take over, but all the adjacent rooms are with level 10 bile demons, dragons and I even noticed lvl10 reapers.
    But this also opened up my dungeon, and while the message say that blue is supposed to get attacked, all units attack me instead. My army just can't handle bile demons, and even orcs do too much against my soft army. Next time I will attempt to keep my dungeon closed and exploit my workshop instead. I noticed the invaders are quite low level so they are vulnerable to traps. There's also a path to the east with lava, so going that way might keep my dungeon saver for a bit. I still have no idea which rooms I've got to claim to stop the parties that attack me.
    Wrong answer.

The correct strat is;
    Thieves and Fairies go into Library.
    Rush Workshop and Guardpost.
    Acquire Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    Wrong answer.

The correct strat is;
    Thieves and Fairies go into Library.
    Rush Workshop and Guardpost.
    Acquire Archer.
    Did you simply exploit the level by possessing one sniping the lvl 10 units on the guard posts? Or do mid level archers do well enough against the invading parties?

Did you simply exploit the level by possessing one sniping the lvl 10 units on the guard posts? Or do mid level archers do well enough against the invading parties?
    Sniping is for pussies. I individually challenge each and every unit to a manly 1v1, and use my superior agility to kite them until they turn tail and run.
    CTAing your entire army nets too many losses. Repeated skirmishing with your strongest troops takes so long, and the possibility of netting losses still remains. It's still viable but Archer possession is just so much easier.

Also I forgot to mention about level 4. Slapping is enabled when it presumably shouldn't be.

Yeah,.... I'm going to try my way first and if I fail again I might be forced to mimic your bravery and use the OP guided missile in possession to make all the guarding creatures disappear.

EDIT: And I failed again. So many parties, and I can't find any way to stop them. All the rooms are guarded by level 10 creatures and I can never become strong enough to take them on.
    After I failed I checked the script, to find some hints on what to actually do to get the parties to stop and that seems even more impossible to do without going the route that Woudo suggested and just kill everything in possession. For example for the Warlocks to stop harassing me I've got to take down the party of 2 lvl 10 biles, 2 lvl 10 dragons and a lvl 10 reaper. Alexsa, how do you have this in mind?
    The enemy waves are the exact creatures strong against the heroes you get. Barbarians kinda do OK against lower level orcs and trolls, but you only get 3. I haven't found enough specials to promote my thieves to knights, and otherwise Dragons+Biles+Orcs will destroy any amount of Thieves, Dwarves and Fairies.
    I tried to go east this time, because I noticed as soon as you breach the door west all the hero parties attack you instead of the blue keeper, but I couldn't even claim the Portal there as I was blocked by a massive Orc party that would take out most of my army in a direct fight.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 28th, 2017 at 22:30.

Yeah,.... I'm going to try my way first and if I fail again I might be forced to mimic your bravery and use the OP guided missile in possession to make all the guarding creatures disappear.

EDIT: And I failed again. So many parties, and I can't find any way to stop them. All the rooms are guarded by level 10 creatures and I can never become strong enough to take them on.
    After I failed I checked the script, to find some hints on what to actually do to get the parties to stop and that seems even more impossible to do without going the route that Woudo suggested and just kill everything in possession. For example for the Warlocks to stop harassing me I've got to take down the party of 2 lvl 10 biles, 2 lvl 10 dragons and a lvl 10 reaper. Alexsa, how do you have this in mind?
    The enemy waves are the exact creatures strong against the heroes you get. Barbarians kinda do OK against lower level orcs and trolls, but you only get 3. I haven't found enough specials to promote my thieves to knights, and otherwise Dragons+Biles+Orcs will destroy any amount of Thieves, Dwarves and Fairies.
    I tried to go east this time, because I noticed as soon as you breach the door west all the hero parties attack you instead of the blue keeper, but I couldn't even claim the Portal there as I was blocked by a massive Orc party that would take out most of my army in a direct fight.
    Um. I simply dug the entrance to my dungeon in such a way that the monsters kept walking across half the map and running into Blue?. I'll retry the level 3 once more, but I don't recall having significant difficulties (EDIT" Compared to madness and mayhem which was the Knight's Castle).

I've always dug for eastern part of the dungeon by lava bridge. At level 5 fairies get heal, and can take Demonspawns at lair there. With Rebound at lv 7 they take them out easily, but I've normally attacked sooner to stop them from spawing.

The lv10 orc party wasn't much of a problem to me; they are tough, but not so much that 1-2 Monks+10 Fairies at level 7-8 can't kill them by luring them to more open space. Barbarians and Dwarves all went straight back into the portal since they're worse units overall. Monks only needed to survive something like ten seconds before pack of high-damage Fairies destroy attackers. My Thiefs trained up to Knights in natural way since there's plenty gold lying around, and Fairies are extremely cheap. My Archers (there were something like 6) were sitting at workshop, building traps which took out the lpw-level attackers who made it past the Abbeystone - they're better than Dwarves and can debuff Slow in a pinch. I recall my two lv 9 Monks (who rapidly turned 10 through Hailstorm) didn't find those Orcs sturdy enough to survive two, at most three skirmishes - and the healing makes the pause between skirmishes very short. When lair, workshop and barracks were gone, the hardest part is over, since the remaining forces can be dealt with reasonably using traps; I do recall having to wait for the Knights so that I could take the final Horny megaparty (there are MORE than 2) head-on instead of going around the backyard with CTA, but that's it.

Slapping on level 4 is indeed oversight.
    Last edited by alexsa2015sa; November 29th, 2017 at 02:15.