Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naked mistress?

Troll

Default Naked mistress?

Hi,

Hope this isn't an inappropriate thing to ask, but as it's about the game...

I just saw this video:

(around 16:09), in which Molyneux says that there is a hidden cheat code that makes the mistress naked. This is the first I've heard of it, and I can't find anything else out there about it. Does anyone know if this is true, or what the code may be? This is rather curious to say the least.

Default Re: Naked mistress?

Open this and have a look at all the game sprites.
    http://keeper.lubiki.pl/releases_big/gfx_sources_v9.7z

Have a listen to this while you're doing it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9Oubxw1gA

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    Open this and have a look at all the game sprites.
    http://keeper.lubiki.pl/releases_big/gfx_sources_v9.7z

Have a listen to this while you're doing it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9Oubxw1gA
    I've had a look through the Dark Mistress sprites, and found nothing unusual, and there are no more sprites than there are for other creatures.

I see your second link may be some kind of clue: you reckon he's lying?

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

To ask if he's lying, or rather, spreading misinformation, you must not be familiar with Molyneux's reputation.

Last month I had to post a picture of the bile demon anus, do I now have to post mistress boobs?

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Im good fam, thanks.

Troll

Hmm...

To be fair, he did also say he hasn't seen a hint book that reveals everything about the game. Neither have I: I've looked through Bullfrog's official guide book, a Japanese guide book for Dungeon Keeper Premium, and a supplement book about Dungeon Keeper from issue 102 of Génération 4 that gives solutions to the levels as well as information about the creatures and dungeon specials, and none of those say anything about this (anyone know of any other hint books?). I have also seen YouTube videos of video game secrets that took years, even decades, to discover. For all we know, there could be some hidden code that changes the colours of the mistress sprites (I know of at least 1 game that can change sprites after they've loaded (from what I can tell, anyway)). Could it be plausible that this is real? I have yet to see any hard evidence either way.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Peter Molyneux likes to embellish. He likes to get audiences up in a roar, share things that are only potential concepts that may never be (and are often never) made, he just loves to talk and get excited and excite everyone with him. Such passion is commendable but it has led to disaster many times with him when he overhyped things which then inevitably disappointed people because he said things that were simply ludicrous but got people to believe them. I can absolutely see him offhand mentioning the naked mistress sprite as he wouldve been relaying an inside joke from the dev team and presenting it as a real thing as he often does, and it not actually being there. It would be perhaps the most minor of these misinformative offenses of his. And anyway, is the pursuit of highly pixelated fictional boobs that important? Seems a little... y'know...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

We have the internet. We can google these things with even greater pixels. We don't need Molyneux anymore.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

You invoke dark powers there Rex... are you sure you know what you're doing?