Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naked mistress?

Troll

Default Re: Naked mistress?

Quote Originally Posted by DBlac View Post
    is the pursuit of highly pixelated fictional boobs that important? Seems a little... y'know...
    Well, it's not actually the nudity I'm after . If this easter egg is real, it would come as a real shock to me (and I suppose many others), as Dungeon Keeper is one of my favourite childhood video games. And the fact that it's apparently impossible to find makes it all the more curious...

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

In that case, ever heard of Okham's Razor? Theres two options. Either the devs put it in and they went through a whole lot of effort to hide it, or Moly said something that wasnt true. I'll leave you with that.

Do you remember the cheat-code that removed the clothes from Lara Croft?

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Not really the point here, the point is that cheat was discovered, this hasnt after extensive searches of a game that is over 20 yrs old. But hey, if you enjoy the wild goose chase, by all means. Who am i to deny you.

Troll

Not really the point here, the point is that cheat was discovered, this hasnt after extensive searches of a game that is over 20 yrs old. But hey, if you enjoy the wild goose chase, by all means. Who am i to deny you.
    There's a secret message in Dungeon Keeper that apparently took 17 years to discover:

https://www.engadget.com/2014/07/18/...n-keeper-code/

Warlock

Peter Molyneux is a Donald Trump tier liar. Make of that what you will.

That is the point here. That cheat code was mentioned a lot as well, when Tomb Raider was all the hotness. Everybody knew it was real. But it never existed, there was no way to get Lara naked in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Peter Molyneux is a Donald Trump tier liar. Make of that what you will.
    Not true, Trump is a proud liar and goes for the counterattack when confronted with his lies. Molyneux is always the victim, and goes for sympathy when his lies are exposed.
    Last edited by YourMaster; December 16th, 2017 at 16:06.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    That is the point here. That cheat code was mentioned a lot as well, when Tomb Raider was all the hotness. Everybody new it was real. But it never existed, there was no way to get Lara naked in the game.

Not true, Trump is a proud liar and goes for the counterattack when confronted with his lies. Molyneux is always the victim, and goes for sympathy when his lies are exposed.

So, i dont know fuckall about the old tomb raider games. In the end i will assume youre agreeing with me in that this is a goose chase but people can go nuts if they want to.

I dont think Molyneux is a liar. No i just think he cant help himself when he starts talking. You see as a dev i know what its like to get excited and start imagining the final product and develop it in your head and embellish and overdramatize. The problem is that Molyneux has no filter and does that in the wrong circles, while also believing that those things will likely happen himself. He just cant internalize stuff that most people arent meant to hear and it ends up causing PR disasters. That is not to say that there havent been some outright lies but i dont think thats his shtick per se.

You assume correct.
    And yeah, his main thing is simply over promising and under delivering. And I used to think about him the way you do,...

However with the more recent interviews and controversies I now see a more pathological liar, and I no longer trust his excuse that he is 'just passionate' and is 'as disappointed as we are that the features never made it'. I've started to believe he does it on purpose, and just lies through his teeth about it.
    There are so many instances where he just lies about whatever, not just about his games, and not just in the press. Here is an example.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Well i just kindof always ignored him? like, literally never bothered with anything he said, so i dont know if i rightly care, but i can see your point. After all, people like the CEO of Hello Games exist so clearly outright lying on purpose isnt exactly impossible or unlikely.