Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Creature editor?

Troll

Default Creature editor?

This may seem like a silly question to ask, but is there a creature editor available for KeeperFX? There are some here, but these are all for the original game, right? I know I can edit the .cfg files, but it's rather a lot of hassle.

Thanks.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13s...xoF91gT9Fciz5z
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 6th, 2021 at 10:44.

Default Re: Creature editor?

I don't think there is one no.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I don't think there is one no.
    I'll see if I can write one at some point then. Can't make any promises though.
    Last edited by AdamP; December 15th, 2017 at 02:28.

Troll

Still no editor? If not, looks like it might be time for me to start working on one...

Nope.

Troll

Is there some documentation for the creature stat files? I'm especially looking for the possible values of the attributes that aren't numbers, such as AngerJobs, Properties, and Powers. I know I could go through them all to see what they are, but that's a pain. Another thing that would be helpful is knowing the minimum and maximum value for each number attribute.

Not really. You can see a lot of stuff in the imp.cfg, and the rest you've got to glean from the config_creature.c and config_crtrmodel.c.

Troll

Thanks. Hopefully, I can glean what I need from those and the other cfg files. Currently, my program is able to read and display (but not yet edit) the attributes (as in the attributes section of the cfg files) of each creature (I think that's working okay).
    Last edited by AdamP; October 30th, 2018 at 05:22.

Well, that's the thing is it, what is your main goal for this program? Because editing text files isn't the most complicated thing in the world.

I think if you make something like this, the main way to add value is to not look at it from a creature point of view, but from a 'property' point of view. So I go to strength and see all the strength values of all units and see where this particular unit stands in comparison, allowing me to edit it.

And secondly, a better explanation of the values, where for example when editing dexterity and entering a specific value I can see exactly what this value does for this unit.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, that's the thing is it, what is your main goal for this program? Because editing text files isn't the most complicated thing in the world.

I think if you make something like this, the main way to add value is to not look at it from a creature point of view, but from a 'property' point of view. So I go to strength and see all the strength values of all units and see where this particular unit stands in comparison, allowing me to edit it.

And secondly, a better explanation of the values, where for example when editing dexterity and entering a specific value I can see exactly what this value does for this unit.
    No, editing text files isn't difficult, but it's also knowing what values to put and in what format. The manual editing of files is therefore time-consuming compared to the few clicks you can do it in via a proper editor. I was about halfway through doing it from the Creature point of view when I saw this post, and decided add a feature enabling the editing of stats from the Property point of view. It's not as fancy as the Creature mode, but it works (I think; I haven't tested it extensively). I think my editor is nearing completion; it has all the main features, and it all works as far as I have been able to tell thus far. However, I haven't yet done anything regarding better explanations of values.