Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DK1: Changes to to make it even more fun

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Default Re: DK1: Changes to make it even more fun

Hahaha, thats pretty funny. Although its not a bad idea, if you would want one of our units in there we could prolly capture the sprites. Obviously we'd have to match the quality of the DK originals cuz we're not gonna be remaking the old ones. But all in all if it's wanted i actually wouldnt mind doing that, sounds pretty cool.

Of course that would be great. I suggest a hero unit.
    Download the KeeperFX GFX sources here, to see the images of the existing sprited.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

We'll look into it. Maybe the Battlemage would be the most fitting one for this, hes a while off but we'll see. Certainly something worth figuring out how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DBlac View Post
    I think you know why i wouldnt have any time to do that :P but it just strikes me as odd that noone on this forum, as long as it has existed and as many things it has gone through like the idea of remaking DK1, has ever done something like that for ya. Was Blut the only modeller on here ever?

Well i mean if i can learn how to work with Maya, im sure you can (Although id suggest 3DS Max because fuck Maya sometimes.). But either Maya, or ZBrush and probably Substance painter if you want any decent textures. Mind you those two rely on artistic skill so it might take you more time to get where you want if it's something you dont have. What im really saying is there cant have just been one and only one modeller on this forum in all these years who was capable of doing anything? I can see it happening now given how dead things are around here but eh.
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction! This is something i'm probably going to look into for my own purposes if nothing else.

Being a big fan of the DnD tabletop games and involved in that community to a certain extent I know some modelers who have made good stuff.

Also the idea of a new creature in DK is amazing and should totally happen.

I don´t see why this ideas would make it more fun. I don´t find them funny at all. Just my opinion. But this sounds like a complete different game.

What would be a somehow nonsensical but "funny" idea is to add the need of a toilet room like the lair(cuz somehwere all this chickens eaten should go). Every creature has it´s own loo. If not, they would defecate in the dungeon, making other creatures angry when moving over it and maybe causing disease. Horny might have a golden throne, the Bile demon a pit(ugh) and the Mistress a loo seat with spikes...