Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Another DK2 unofficial patch in progress

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Another DK2 unofficial patch in progress

Same as my post above, with the difference that I now use the hard drive of my old computer into my new one so that I have a direct access to the files, which is good. And also, DK2 works on Win7, which is also good, but it sucks when there's no Hardware Acceleration.

I'm still studying and I'm very busy these days. So, once, again, sorry to say that, but the patch won't be ready for months.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Same as my post above, with the difference that I now use the hard drive of my old computer into my new one so that I have a direct access to the files, which is good. And also, DK2 works on Win7, which is also good, but it sucks when there's no Hardware Acceleration.

I'm still studying and I'm very busy these days. So, once, again, sorry to say that, but the patch won't be ready for months.
    I also was working on something for Dk2 to fix stuff but it was only stats and stuff, not levels or anything, and it was more for personal use but that probably won't be ready for even longer time cause like you, I got other stuff to work on. However, I also don't know DK2 very well at all it seems...

In response to how Creatures got angry so easily, I decided to increase the Unhappy Mood Threshold from 50 to 100. And it turns out that I removed the Unhappiness altogether XD Creatures wouldn't get unhappy at all, instead just instantly angry XP

But at least I did some other things such as removing Fear since it was a dumb idea and also had some problems with AI flaws on the Hero Side. But anyways, this was more like a personal thing as, granted while I'm fixing imbalanced issues, I'm also mixing in my own personal ideas and some DK1 concepts too.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

May I ask if there is any news about this project?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

None so far, I haven't heard anything from DragonsLover about it. Perhaps he, like my first attempt, gave up.

However! I am also making a second attempt to make a patch to balance DK2 more. You can read more about that here.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

I didn't give up. It's just a lack of interest a little bit (since DK2 is so buggy, I wonder if it's worth it), but also because of the complexity of the correction. But also, I'm now in a period of life where I have to put more attention to for my future.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

I see, thanks for the fast reply!

Anyone else notice that despite all these periodic crashes we all get, they get rarer and rarer as you progress through levels. For instance I lost count of the number of crashes I had in that Lord Luwig one near the beginning but by the time I got to the intro level with temple and dark angels I got 1 in an hour and a half or so, and by the time I reached the last few, I had all but forgotten about the crashes

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

1 more thing, after installing patch 1.7 or any other patches after 1.6, sometimes when I run the game, and right after I finish a level and either go on to the next or mypet dungeon or whatever, all creatures who carry a sword goblins, rogues, knights, black knights, lord of the land, loose their weapons animation. You can still see their sword grips. If you pick up that creature then the weapon re-appeares in their hand, and likewise if you zoom right in on them, but if you zoom out then they just vanish again. To go around this I just quit the game and then start it up again and then it all works fine.

It might be that I've missed something seeing as I'm new here, but I don't think anyone else has mentioned this problem, surely I can't be the only one?