Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Going by the description in imp.cfg, where most values are explained, it is the point at which the computer will pick up the unit to save it from dying in battle.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Changing the Heal Requirement only works if it's below the Heal Threshold

Error: check_and_auto_fix_stats: Creature model 17 Heal Requirment > Heal Threshold - Fixing

Now I'm testing different values. I think 199 is a good one.
    Making the opponent's Dragons harder to fight for sure.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1888

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1888.

Spartahawk has been on a hiatus for a while, but hopes to get back to KeeperFX Unofficial soon. However, OrsonMaxwell has joined us and is responsible for most of the changes this release. Welcome.

What's new:
    • Campaigns can now be made and player from the perspective of the Blue, Green or Yellow player.
      Set the HUMAN_PLAYER option in the campaign config to accomplish this, then build and script the maps with the correct player in mind.
    • Several new script commands, see the Wiki.
      - SET_CAMPAIGN_FLAG: Saves a flag for a future campaign level. Allows for interconnected campaigns, where future levels are impacted by earlier decisions.
      - ADD_TO_FLAG: Adds or subtracts a value from a flag. This introduces logic in KeeperFX scrips and allows mapmakers to make complex structures in maps for the first time.
      - ADD_TO_CAMPAIGN_FLAG: Adds or subtracts a value from a campaign flag.
      - EXPORT_VARIABLE and IMPORT: Allows a mapmaker to use a campaign flag to bring over a variable to a next level, e.g. money.
      - RUN_AFTER_VICTORY: Allows a mapmaker to tell the game to continue to run the script after victory. This to support optional objectives on maps with campaign flags.
    • Fixed a bug with the must_obey spell where idle vampires would go and pray, and get angry because of it.
    • Replaced the missing 'Reinforce wall' sound, this stops the log file from filling up with errors, and introduced a sound effect when Imps reinforce walls.
    • Replaced the missing 'Chickens hatch' sounds, also to stop the log from filling up with errors and introduce a sound effect when chickens hatch.
      The hatching chickens require you to replace the sound.dat in the KeeperFX/sound folder with THIS ONE. Due to the size I will not include this file with alpha releases.
    • Included these sounds in the sound.dat for use by mapmakers.
    • Captive units (e.g. units in prison) can no longer claim neutral units for their cause.
    • Balance changes to the Grenade and Meteor splash values.

Known issues:
    • Units occasionally get stuck behind pillars.
    • The impact of the Grenade spell is not liked by everybody.

As always, feedback is more than welcome.
    Last edited by YourMaster; August 20th, 2018 at 12:22.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1889

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1889.

Spartahawk fixed the known issue mentioned in my last post. So,....
    What's new:
    • Units should no longer get stuck behind pillars

This bug is difficult to test, we think it is fixed, but if you still find units stuck somewhere, please share the details.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1889

Units should no longer get stuck behind pillars
    Was this the bug when e.g. heroes got stuck at the dungeon heart and could be killed easily because they never were able to fight back?

Quote Originally Posted by Noanechu View Post
    Was this the bug when e.g. heroes got stuck at the dungeon heart and could be killed easily because they never were able to fight back?
    I don't know, never seen that. I doubt it. It was a bug we recently accidentally brought over from the 'stable release' of keeperfx, that causes units for example get stuck on the pillars at the edge of a temple or the corners of the dungeon heart.

Ok. I never got that bug in my dungeon, but often got it that e.g. the knight(be it an enemy or my converted one) got stuck in the dungeon heart, making strange twiggly movements and was killed easily even by low-level creatures. Maybe that was the same thing and when it´s fixed, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Noanechu View Post
    Ok. I never got that bug in my dungeon, but often got it that e.g. the knight(be it an enemy or my converted one) got stuck in the dungeon heart, making strange twiggly movements and was killed easily even by low-level creatures. Maybe that was the same thing and when it´s fixed, the better.
    Saw same bug happen on campaign map, lvl10 knight in opponent's dungeon should have killed the opponent, but instead he was stuck doing odd movement standing in spot near heart/pillar of heart dealing no damage got killed later converted to the enemy keeper. KeeperFX 0.4.6. Saw this using devil eye spell

Quote Originally Posted by ProMeTheus View Post
    Saw same bug happen on campaign map, lvl10 knight in opponent's dungeon should have killed the opponent, but instead he was stuck doing odd movement standing in spot near heart/pillar of heart dealing no damage got killed later converted to the enemy keeper. KeeperFX 0.4.6. Saw this using devil eye spell
    That was exactly the issue I encountered.
    Happened several times, mostly on Woodly Rhyme, so instead of having the blue keeper already killed you have to fight both with your creatures. Not that it is impossible, but makes the level longer.

I tested the new alpha today. First of all: Thank you for your effort. It's always nice to see this game being polished even more.
    I must say I don't like the new reinforcement sounds. It's just to close to the digging sound effect. So you never know if there are enemies nearby trying to breach your dungeon.
    I would prefer something more "magical" in the same line as the claiming sound.