Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1889

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCosmotic View Post
    I tested the new alpha today. First of all: Thank you for your effort. It's always nice to see this game being polished even more.
    I must say I don't like the new reinforcement sounds. It's just to close to the digging sound effect. So you never know if there are enemies nearby trying to breach your dungeon.
    I would prefer something more "magical" in the same line as the claiming sound.
    Thanks for the feedback and the compliments.

Keep in mind though, that there is a 'chime sound' when the reinforcement of the wall is completed, similar to when claiming of a floor tile is completed. The 'digging' sound during reinforcements are sounds when the imps are 'in progress', and the sound will be repeated as long as the imp is busy, so such a magical sound, would not really work. In my opinion it should be a(one or more) soft unobtrusive sound that mimics building a wall or something. For this alpha I just selected the one I felt fits best from the sounds that are included with the game, so it works without people having to update their sound.dat, but it does not surprise me at all that people find the particular sound not so nice. If you have suggestions though, I'm all ears.

I was thinking of perhaps something like this: anvil.wav
    Would you like that one?

Have you updated to the new sound.dat, and do you have an opinion on the chicken hatching sound?

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Hello mythical developer of the keeperfx .. only one little question, if I update to the latest alpha/beta you post here, I lost the save games, or they are version indipendent?
    I sow inthe 1888 built that some of the gold were stack in the column .. I will see with the 1889 if it goes better :-) Thank you very much for your great work. I like the sound that you proposed in the last message.

Welcome.

Yes, you will lose your saved games. However, your continue-save will still work. (So you can start at level 15, not halfway level 15 for example.)
    That's not always the case though, most updates don't break the saves, it's just that we happened to have done one that does break.

The issue with gold stuck in columns is completely unrelated, it happens sometimes when you build a room while you still have gold piles on the floor. Sell the tile, pick up the gold and rebuild and you should be fine. We've done nothing with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    If you have suggestions though, I'm all ears.

I was thinking of perhaps something like this: anvil.wav
    Would you like that one?

Have you updated to the new sound.dat, and do you have an opinion on the chicken hatching sound?
    https://www.soundsnap.com/tags/brick?page=1

here are some sounds which I think are better.

In my version, I got the reinforcement sounds but no chicken hatching sounds. How do I get it?

By now we already got something, I think most people will like. Will come with the next Alpha, probably released soon.

And you need to replace the sound.dat in your keeperfx\sound folder with the one I linked a few posts above.

Welcome.

Yes, you will lose your saved games. However, your continue-save will still work. (So you can start at level 15, not halfway level 15 for example.)
    That's not always the case though, most updates don't break the saves, it's just that we happened to have done one that does break.

The issue with gold stuck in columns is completely unrelated, it happens sometimes when you build a room while you still have gold piles on the floor. Sell the tile, pick up the gold and rebuild and you should be fine. We've done nothing with this issue.
    Thank you for your answer, I'v updated and the save still worked for me, the sound of the chicken is perfect ... ok for the gold stucked, I've found the solution myself, but I thought it was a keeper fx problem. I've another question ... in the last level of the original campaign if you put a loto of traps, doors and gold the game crash ... I don't know if in the past was a problem of low memory systems or a problem of the game itself .. any info about this in keeperfx? Thank you again

KeeperFX is pretty stable, and except for the pathfinding bug, crashes and hangs are rare. The original limitations are still there, for example how many objects you can have on the map, or how many units are possible, but that does not lead to crashes or hangs.

But the pathfinding bug, that one is at least as likely as it was in the original game, when the pathfinding gets too complex(large dungeons, many routes and pathways, water) you'll get unresponsive units, slowdowns, crashes or hangs. I doubt placing doors or traps will matter here though. If you do crash, you can check the log file, and if you see lots of mentions that say 'triangle error', it was the pathfinding bug.

Could someone please tell me how to rotate the camera? I'm using the last released nightly build KeeperFX v0.4.6 r1834 patch, which I downloaded from http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_nightly.php. I've tried everything I can think of, including Ctrl + left/right from the original game, but nothing happens.

Strange thread to ask this,....

But to answer your question, Ctrl+left/right as well ass Del/PageDn should work. However, don't use that nightly build because it is bugged to hell and back. Look here. Simply put, either use KeeperFX Unofficial, the full release of KeeperFX 0.4.6 or update it to nightly 1793 but not beyond.

Strange thread to ask this,....

But to answer your question, Ctrl+left/right as well ass Del/PageDn should work. However, don't use that nightly build because it is bugged to hell and back. Look here. Simply put, either use KeeperFX Unofficial, the full release of KeeperFX 0.4.6 or update it to nightly 1793 but not beyond.
    Sorry for posting this in the wrong topic. I did follow your advice, using the nightly you recommended instead, and it worked and I can use Ctrl+ left/right to rotate the camera. Thanks!