Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

You're welcome. I would still recommend the Unofficial release, and the WASD keys work there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You're welcome. I would still recommend the Unofficial release, and the WASD keys work there as well.
    Sorry to keep bothering you, but I ran into another issue. I can't seem to run the game in a widescreen resolution. It defaults to a 4:3 aspect ratio even though I selected my screen resolution (1600x900x32) as the in-game resolution in the settings option in the launcher.

I didn't have this issue when I used the newest nightly build (KeeperFX v0.4.6 r1834 patch) that caused my camera rotation problem. That version ran in widescreen just fine.

What version are you running? R1793 or Unofficial? If the former, try the latter.

If you're already using unofficial, make sure to have the Ingame_Res correctly set, to for example 'INGAME_RES=1600x900x32 1024x768w32'. When playing a level, press Alt+R to switch between resolutions, and it should now switch between the widescreen resolution and a windowed mode. If it doesn't work as you'd expect, share your log file please.

I have the latest KeeperFX Unofficial along with the latest alpha, and I've finished New Game+ and Deeper Dungeons.

1) My question is that when I play the other campaigns (like Ancient Keeper, Undead Keeper etc) do I need to do anything? Because I've read that Ancient Keeper requires the preservation of "classic bugs" in order to progress properly, so do I need to enable that option somewhere?

2) Also do all the latest changes in the Alpha patches apply to all the different campaigns as well? I'm just wondering if this will affect any balance?

3) How were Grenade and Meteor changed in the latest patch? Because during New Game+ and Deeper Dungeons I found Meteor to be extremely OP in a narrow hallway. I only needed like 8 dragons to win some of the hardest missions lol.

4) I found when enemy archers (like in Ancient Keeper level 1) are bunched up together they shoot each other to death accidentally. Not sure if that's something that's already been raised.

5) Does the Dungeon Heart regain HP if it's damaged?

Thanks
    Last edited by Valour549; September 8th, 2018 at 11:03.

1) No. The config files that determine how these campaigns play out already have these old bugs configured. For Ancient Keeper though, you need to know these bugs because the levels require you to use them to win. That's why wallkthroughs can be found online for these.

2) Well, yes. And I'm wondering this as well, so that's why already shared this work in progress so people can tell me if this is somehow problematic and that either the spells or the campaigns need some further balance. Most of the changes made in the alphas do not affect balance though, but those grenade/meteor changes do. However, most campaigns(I'd say all except for the undead keeper ones) are pretty loosely balanced so changes in units/spells should not matter that much.

3) In the very latest patch you mean? The grenade and meteor spells should do a bit less damage. Overall in the alphas grenade has been remade to be usable by creatures, more easily to control and with far less dps. The meteor spell now explodes on impact with units, just like it used to do when it hit floors/walls/pillars. Also a bug was fixed that caused the meteor to sometimes explode inside the wall doing 0 damage.

4) It is known and nothing new that units might accidentally hit each other.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Does the Dungeon Heart regain HP over time if damaged?

Also in Ancient Keeper I have ten max level Mistress working in the workshop but there is no progress being made at all! In the walkthrough the authors clearly mention Mistresses working in the workshop, so is that a bug or what?

^^^

Er nevermind, after I sold and rebuilt it the bug got fixed lol. Maybe I caused the bug by dropping a warlock with the Obey spell in the workshop previously, at which point he still refused to manufacture. It seems after that point the workshop becomes bugged.
    Last edited by Valour549; September 8th, 2018 at 11:37.

Yes, very slowly.

And I'll see if I can reproduce that workshop bug. However, in Ancient Keeper the most_obey spell cannot be used to get warlocks to work in a workshop. That's one of the classic behaviors that is retained for Ancient Keeper.

EDIT: I launched ancient keeper, build a workshop, enabled to must_obey spell, put a warlock in that refused to work, then put a troll in that made a door. So no, could not reproduce your error.
    In such situations saved-games and log files are usually very handy.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 8th, 2018 at 12:43.

On the map University of Hades, there is a level 7 Knight that is meant to destroy the Green keeper's heart for you when you Wind him into green's treasure room. That Knight is unusually strong, able to kill a level 10 Samurai in 4 hits.

Here are his ridiculous stats lol. Any idea of this anomaly?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gg.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	1851

Yes, in the level script of this level, the knight has gotten some extreme stats. In other words, this is by design.

The following map, Salaar's Test, one is meant to be able to see empty spaces opposite reinforced walls, but from what I can see there is no way to tell the difference. Empty spaces adjacent to reinforced walls are pitch black like normal fog of war. Not sure if it has anything to do with the alphas.