Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1892

Quote Originally Posted by gilius View Post
    Oh that's too bad, I've always played with the right graphics, I'll try to do with the twisted graphics although it totally changes the angle of vision, but it works well!
    Press M to open the map. Then click anywhere. Now you have the same angle.
    If you do want to play with the right graphics, I believe it works better in 640x480, but you tell me.

But before that there was no worries in the beginning of keeperfx? (I don't remember very well, I knew that with dungeonkeeper.net the French community, I think it was Dragonlover who had made us discover it).
    The straight graphics/cluedo mode? I believe in in early versions there was no 'high-res' keeperfx, so if the problem is indeed only in high-res that could be it. But even if not, I doubt it is a recent problem, it has been like this for years.

When you say high resolution? you mean that in basic resolution the game has no problems? because in the end I put the resolution of my screen in native simply because I have a double screen and that breaks it.
    OK, I just tried it for you, and yes, in 640x480x32 this screen mode works well. It just looks really bad in high-res.

So for my last comment, actually when the resolution is basic, the map of the campaign is normal, and when I'm in 1920*1080x32 the map is zoomed it's not awkward either but if there's a way to correct I wouldn't say no
    I don't have a solution for you. This is the first time I hear of this problem, and I don't have a widescreen monitor.

Okay, thanks for taking the time for me!
    I'm taking note of all this.
    I think I had version 0.37 before but I'm not sure
    for the card it's not serious it's not embarrassing, I would try to find such a solution for the rest, as it's a problem that's been going on for a long time it's a little that I can't get anywhere but if I ever find a solution I'll share it (I'm pretty determined)
    It's true that in high resolution the game is so much more beautiful it's a shame to have a little problem with the graphics.
    By the way, that's what I don't understand is that the bug only happens in the first third of the screen, so it would act on the whole screen, but not just on the third as if something was bothering it from above

It has to do with the perspective and the scaling I'm sure. I really think this simply never worked any better in a high resolution. I think the only solution you will be able to find to get cluedo mode to work in high resolution, is to implement it in the code. If you know how to do this, feel free to contribute.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Hi guys. I'm a long time lurker, about 6 years maybe? Every now and then I keep going back into playing DK1, sometimes with a few years in between. Then the itch starts again...

I ran a 2015 KeeperFX (not sure which one) and was tired of the game almost always crashing when posessing a creature.
    I remembered these forums, learned that this bug has been adressed somehwere along the way, and downloaded the latest Unofficial version of Keeperfx here.

Now possesion works like a charm - but I found out that creatures except for imps now don't do any tasks anymore.
    I might have to add ihave only tested this in the Post Ancient Keeper campaign. Starting the Armageddon level with the 4 mistresses, they refuse to make a lair when dropped in that room, and they keep wandering around idle and aimlessly.
    The same happens with the second map, called Collect; when I find the vampire, he refuses to make a lair, he refuses to research in the library, and he also just wanders around idle.

Anybody an idea what to do now? Maybe it has to do with the Post Ancient Keeper campaign and I should try if the bug is present in other map packs/original maps?

I just tried the first post-ak-map and it worked fine for me. Somebody had your exact same problem a while ago(on another map), scroll up to post 126, and his problem was a corrupt installation. Please make sure to properly install the game and this problem should disappear.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1896

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1896.

This time with special thanks to AdamP, who made this topic on the 'creative sound fonts'. He made some music files to allow me to experience them in my game, and then helped with creating the sounds and testing the new feature for KeeperFX.

What's new:
    • Introduced the 'Creative SoundFont' feature for KeeperFX that does not require a AWE32 Creative soundcard.
      - Requires a new sound.dat. THIS ONE. Due to the size I will not include this file with alpha releases.
      - Can be switched on and off. Package includes a keeperfx.cfg with the line 'ATMOSPHERIC_SOUNDS = ON'
    • Updated SDL from version 1.2.14 to 1.2.15. See changelog.
    • Dragons use heal spell a bit sooner.
    • Removed area-damage from lightning-trap.

Troll

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1896

Note: a few of the sounds may (or may not) need minor volume adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    This time with special thanks to AdamP
    You're welcome . Will our names appear in the credits for this?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    You're welcome . Will our names appear in the credits for this?
    I wasn't going to, but sure, I'll update the credits to include everybody who worked on KeeperFX unofficial.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    I think it's only right to do so.

Will it be my name as it is on here or my full name?
    Sure, but like said in the email, I don't care for credit. And like I said, if you want to I have no problem adding you. And by whatever name you want.
    Last edited by YourMaster; December 12th, 2018 at 18:41.

Troll

I think it's only right to do so.

Will it be my name as it is on here or my full name?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I just tried the first post-ak-map and it worked fine for me. Somebody had your exact same problem a while ago(on another map), scroll up to post 126, and his problem was a corrupt installation. Please make sure to properly install the game and this problem should disappear.
    Alright, thanks for the tip. Did a complete wipe and reinstall and it works fine again