Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Troll

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1896

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I wasn't going to, but sure, I'll update the credits to include everybody who worked on KeeperFX unofficial.

Sure, but like said in the email, I don't care for credit. And like I said, if you want to I have no problem adding you. And by whatever name you want.
    Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see your reply before. Might as well use my proper name (my username could be anyone ). The actual devs of the original also have their proper names in the credits.

Good evening,

I have some bug sequences during my campaign games

In Ancient Keeper In the map, where a guardian has assembled a troop of avatars
    My minions, as well as those of the other guards, were bugging in the middle zone.
    the troops would freeze when he arrived in this area, and the elves would not claim the enemy dungeon, it would stay there and stick out its tongue? (when he recovers from life)
    Sorry I had kept a backup but it was replaced by mistake

second detected problem was in the map, just after the magic world that gives us a horn (we have only one dragon, no rooms, 8 elves, there are 2 guardians on each side and in the middle of the heroes surrounded by a bow that closes rooms and creatures)
    When I confronted the blue keeper (who was the weakest since weakened because of the heroes), with my two dragons, (I was having fun capturing his army en masse) and I was surprised to discover that with the "rings of fire" spell when a blue creature is projected off and crosses a part of my dungeon by recovering my dragon in my hands to save them I also recovered 2 mistress and 4 blue orc
    I was able to repeat the problem twice, and I didn't test it in another map, but if we can actually catch enemy creatures it becomes cheating

Otherwise, I think you're right about the graphics, the game doesn't seem to support the difference between the low angle and the top angle, I noticed that the area affected by the bug displays green lines while the rest of the game displays nothing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	464.0 KB 
ID:	1871

Name:	2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	452.4 KB 
ID:	1872

Name:	3.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	464.1 KB 
ID:	1873

Name:	4.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	713.8 KB 
ID:	1874

Name:	5.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	655.6 KB 
ID:	1875

On the other hand, unfortunately not I don't know how to exploit your idea of the implemented in the code (but I'm still looking for I'm not losing hope)

I'm sorry, but I find it quite difficult to understand you, while your English is not the best and I'm not that familiar with Ancient Keeper, so I can just guess what your problems are. In any case, for future reference, here is a walkthrough, where you can mention a specific level by name.

1) Your first problem, how where they bugging out? Could they not reach the avatar, or find him? Where they afraid? If the latter, could you try switching off 'flee'.

2) Are you simply using the Word of Power spell to blast units out of prison? That is possible, just like with the wind spell, and it's not a bug.

3) Yes, I think the only way is to either play with the regular perspective (which looks better anyway) or with a lower resolution.

I'm sorry, but I find it quite difficult to understand you, while your English is not the best and I'm not that familiar with Ancient Keeper, so I can just guess what your problems are. In any case, for future reference, here is a walkthrough, where you can mention a specific level by name.

1) Your first problem, how where they bugging out? Could they not reach the avatar, or find him? Where they afraid? If the latter, could you try switching off 'flee'.

2) Are you simply using the Word of Power spell to blast units out of prison? That is possible, just like with the wind spell, and it's not a bug.

3) Yes, I think the only way is to either play with the regular perspective (which looks better anyway) or with a lower resolution.
    Sorry for my catastrophic English, I'm trying to improve but it's difficult

1) in "AVARICE" : no they are not afraid, they are simply frozen in the middle of the map, pixie and creature, he did not advance any more, does not claim there, on the other hand the possession worked that's how I finished the level

2) the level was RUINE D'ANTAK, but it doesn't matter I managed to do the same thing in another level and No, I probably misspoke. to attack the blue keeper, I used level 10 dragons. these dragons with the spell "the word power" I was able to catch blue creatures on the battlefield (it was in my hand)

3) it's true that the basic resolution is better, but I don't like the angle, I often struggle to deposit creatures (it's easier from the top angle) especially since we have to turn the camera, or reduce the walls to be able to see correctly

it is not possible to remove the cluedo mode?
    (because before on keeper fx 0.37, I remember playing in 1920*1080 resolution without any problems, I just had a black hole under the panel (but no problems)

1) It then might be the pathfinding bug, but without a save and/or a log file, it's very difficult to tell.

2) You can pick up blue creatures after a dragon uses word of power to push them to your red dungeon? With no prison involved,... I'll see if I can reproduce this somehow. EDIT: I tried it, on lvl14 of the regular campaign and I can't pick up blue units after a lvl10 dragon blasted them from the blue dungeon onto my red floor. This is not something I've ever seen, so I need some more information.

3) I tried to download 0.37 but it is no longer available. I tried another old version where the sidebar doesn't scale, and it has exactly the same problem in high resolutions with the cluedo mode as the new versions. (Cluedo mode is the name for the straight view, so removing it doesn't help you). It might be the case that it used to work in high resolutions in the past, but I'm really not sure and have no idea what changed (if anything) and when. It's certainly not something I did, so not something I can easily undo.
    Last edited by YourMaster; December 17th, 2018 at 15:13.

1) It then might be the pathfinding bug, but without a save and/or a log file, it's very difficult to tell.

2) You can pick up blue creatures after a dragon uses word of power to push them to your red dungeon? With no prison involved,... I'll see if I can reproduce this somehow. EDIT: I tried it, on lvl14 of the regular campaign and I can't pick up blue units after a lvl10 dragon blasted them from the blue dungeon onto my red floor. This is not something I've ever seen, so I need some more information.

3) I tried to download 0.37 but it is no longer available. I tried another old version where the sidebar doesn't scale, and it has exactly the same problem in high resolutions with the cluedo mode as the new versions. (Cluedo mode is the name for the straight view, so removing it doesn't help you). It might be the case that it used to work in high resolutions in the past, but I'm really not sure and have no idea what changed (if anything) and when. It's certainly not something I did, so not something I can easily undo.
    1) I'm doing other campaigns, if I find this bug again I'll share a backup file

2)Not exactly afterwards, actually when your dragon does the "power word" spell and you decide to take it, sometimes you also catch enemy creatures at the same time as your dragons (after I don't know if it's related to the spell but me the two times I succeeded is when the creatures had just been ejected either by the "power word" spell or maybe be "meteor". It's true that it happens only at times when the fight is fast, I'll try again by recording

3)I know I had already tried to find it before... but in any case I can assure you that before I had never had any concerns, concretely I was born with dungeon keeper it was my very first game, that's why I stay attached just like red alert: p (they do a remake I'm too happy !) Anyway, I always had the right graphics, never curved and even with keeper FX I was able to do a lot of campaigning, also that of the heroes and I had never had any concerns, that's why in reality hearing you say that it's been a long time since that I absolutely don't understand what's wrong

I'll try to find the reason, if I can find a version that doesn't have this problem maybe you could fix it.
    on the other hand before I had a CD version (which I can no longer find)
    or even a version proposed by the French community and not GOG
    is it possible that this is the cause?
    Last edited by gilius; December 17th, 2018 at 18:50.

3) Well, all the old versions and non keeperfx versions did not have an option to play in high resolution. And this problem is there when you play in high resolution.

3) Well, all the old versions and non keeperfx versions did not have an option to play in high resolution. And this problem is there when you play in high resolution.

Okay, but I was talking about the switch to keeper fx with the installation of the first game and no gog, but so no, I just tested with an image found on the internet of the official gold version
    I found version 0.37 I will test it: 3 edit: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/keeperfx-ccp-0-37 I can't get it to work it's pre-installed but I can't launch it: / if you can do it
    Last edited by gilius; December 17th, 2018 at 20:01.

No, it wants to run in 320x200x8, it can't so it crashes to desktop without giving me the opportunity to press Alt+R to go to a supported resolution.

I managed to launch it by forcing 640*480 into the launcher settings.
    I have access to the movie, menu and game
    But it is impossible to put it in Resolution 1920*1080.
    as soon as the INGAME_RES= line has more than 2 resolutions, it crashes
    I also tried to put: FRONTEND_RES=MODE_1920_1080_8 MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_480_8
    as soon as the card is launched, the game crashes
    I'm not sure it's version 0.37, there was no "mode" in front of the resolutions. then it's strange that there is no launcher for installation and adjustment, it was normally in 0.37

Edit : It's quite strange, I had the idea to test in 1280x960x32
    it's the double of 640x480 (which is the original resolution that has no problem at all)
    By doing this, we get the cluedo mode, we can see it very well because of the quality compared to the original
    but I don't understand, at maximum zoom the heart didn't cut, in reality the bug is almost non-existent! (very slightly on the top but really nothing is looking for the little beast)
    but when you dezoom you can find the bug on the top part of the screen but a little higher (the usual line is lower)
    So I really wonder if it's a problem of perspective due to the new resolution, normally being twice the original resolution the game shouldn't have had any trouble taking this resolution
    Last edited by gilius; December 19th, 2018 at 23:34.