Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Demon Spawn

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Quote Originally Posted by Themperror View Post
    I actually managed to compile the latest keeperfx source code (man that's a mess to get working)
    By the way it's trivial to compile it via WSL (at least the stable branch).

Ehm lets see, it was this one: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/tree/master/keeperfx

Though I am compiling with VS2017, I had to change a few minor things which were unlikely to cause issues (had to undef min/max/abs at a few spots) and include an specific header for a function definition somewhere. And then there's the sudden increase of SDL version (SDL to SDL2) and SDL_Mixer..which.. were not included anywhere. It all took some searching around to figure out what was needed for it to compile and run.. Oh and the build fails if any of the output folders don't exist.. so that was fun to figure out.. (looking at you Peresec..)

but yeah I did manage to compile it in the end and am currently using it as my main.

Yeah, that's the one, you probably shouldn't use that. It's outdated, and has partial, not fully functional, stuff. SDL2 was one of those things, the other 2 forks I mentioned don't have an update to SDL2:

https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx-stable
    https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx-unofficial

Both are also 'work in progress', if you want something stable to continue on from, on my unofficial fork I made a branch off the last full release, so before the alpha builds, here.
    Last edited by YourMaster; January 19th, 2019 at 18:11.

Demon Spawn

I played around with an SDL2 update and other things for the stable branch. It works but it's also WIP and I rebase that branch without warnings:
    https://github.com/Trass3r/keeperfx-...cial/tree/sdl2

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1888

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    - ADD_TO_FLAG: Adds or subtracts a value from a flag. This introduces logic in KeeperFX scrips and allows mapmakers to make complex structures in maps for the first time.
    As always, feedback is more than welcome.
    Since this command came out, is it possible to see something like GET command? It would create a link/pointer to a flag at the script scan. That would allow obtaining current value from flag to be used as a parameter, also could be used for addition.
    I haven't looked at the code though since I dont know C so the mechanism is still unclear to me or whether it is possible.
    example
    ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,FLY2,2,GET(FLAG3))

Also the wiki says INCREASE_FLAG but only add to flag is working, not increase.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1888

Thanks, I fixed the wiki page.

And there already is something like the get command, it's the 'IMPORT' command, also listed there. It works exactly as you describe, unfortunately, it only works at the start of the level, but this cannot be fixed before KeeperFX is rewritten a lot more.

Hello. I love the 3 of you for continuing to work on it, and you master for keeping everything updated.
    and anyone else helping with it.
    and people who are still playing keeper, whether the classics or wfto, or anything else.

that is all... back to lurking

I have the latest alpha build
    Parties that are supposed to destroy rooms also try to destroy my bridges but since that room cannot be destroyed, they just walk around endlessly.
    Is this a new bug or has it always been like this?

I believe an old bug, but not sure. Can you share a save?

Edit,... I looked at the code, an remembered I looked at this exact code before because of this exact issue. Yes, it's an old bug and heroes will simply try to attack any room that isn't the dungeon heart or portal.
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 26th, 2019 at 21:35.

Alright time to ask the big fat no question

Any thoughts of getting this installed on Linux?

https://lutris.net/games/dungeon-keeper/

This has an installer for KeeperFX and the GoG version but it's only for KeeperFX 4.5 and I'd REALLY love to have the latest with the music fixed and all that fun stuff if I could.