Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 223

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

  
  1. #211

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1902

    Windowed mode is possible. You need to specify that you want windowed mode, not just the resolution. There's a checkbox in the launcher and instructions in the readme.

  2. #212

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1902

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Windowed mode is possible. You need to specify that you want windowed mode, not just the resolution. There's a checkbox in the launcher and instructions in the readme.
    I think you didn't get what I wrote above

    Yes, windowed mode is possible, but:

    1) The window size of 640x480 window is too small (I need 2x bigger size, 2xHorizontal and 2xVertical resize)

    2) If I select "1280x960" resolution, this resolution will be unstable, because in keeperfx resolution is not only scaling, but also changing of gameplay and stability. I want "stable 640x480 gameplay", scaled to 1280x960 window (just pixel-based rescaling, without any gameplay and stability changes)

    3) OBS Studio cannot capture keeperfx by game capture method (because rendering driver of keeperfx is not opengl)

  3. #213
    KeeperFX Author mefistotelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,235

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1902

    Answering since @theleo_ua PMed be asking for comment:


    Quote Originally Posted by theleo_ua View Post
    1) The window size of 640x480 window is too small (I need 2x bigger size, 2xHorizontal and 2xVertical resize)
    Ok, then implement pixel doubling. I'm not sure which SDL is used currently by Unofficial KeeperFX - but both SDL and SDL2 support blitting any resolution to any resolution using any interpolation method.

    Personally, I don't think I would accept such patch to official repos. But I'm not developing it, so my opinion isn't that important.

    Quote Originally Posted by theleo_ua View Post
    2) If I select "1280x960" resolution, this resolution will be unstable, because in keeperfx resolution is not only scaling, but also changing of gameplay and stability. I want "stable 640x480 gameplay", scaled to 1280x960 window (just pixel-based rescaling, without any gameplay and stability changes)
    Yeah, that would be the blitting. I would fix the "normal" high res instead of that. Overcomplicating the video setup is bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by theleo_ua View Post
    3) OBS Studio cannot capture keeperfx by game capture method (because rendering driver of keeperfx is not opengl)
    Don't care for specific capture tools. KeeperFX selects renderer from SDL. SDL supports many renderers, including OpenGL. See SDL documentation.

    I don't know the current code. Dragging me into this doesn't make much sense.

    (goes back to current tasks)

  4. #214

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial

    Quote Originally Posted by theleo_ua View Post
    I think you didn't get what I wrote above

    Yes, windowed mode is possible, but:

    1) The window size of 640x480 window is too small (I need 2x bigger size, 2xHorizontal and 2xVertical resize)

    2) If I select "1280x960" resolution, this resolution will be unstable, because in keeperfx resolution is not only scaling, but also changing of gameplay and stability. I want "stable 640x480 gameplay", scaled to 1280x960 window (just pixel-based rescaling, without any gameplay and stability changes)

    3) OBS Studio cannot capture keeperfx by game capture method (because rendering driver of keeperfx is not opengl)
    1) Well, either play with 1280x1024w32 or in 640x480x32. Resizing a window is indeed not possible.
    2) See 1. And unfortunately, there's no development on this project at all, but if there were I would much rather fix any stability issues on higher resolutions than implementing your request.
    3) I'll take your word for it. And it is what it is. If you want to look back what you played before you could use the -packetsave command line option instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Answering since @theleo_ua PMed be asking for comment:
    But I'm not developing it, so my opinion isn't that important.

    I don't know the current code. Dragging me into this doesn't make much sense.

    (goes back to current tasks)
    Nice of you to drop by. But sure, you do still know the current code, it's almost identical to the code you left behind, with a few added features in other areas.

  5. #215

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1902

    Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    I would fix the "normal" high res instead of that. Overcomplicating the video setup is bad.
    I agree with this. If 1280x960 will become stable, it's enough for me

    Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Don't care for specific capture tools. KeeperFX selects renderer from SDL. SDL supports many renderers, including OpenGL. See SDL documentation.
    Thanks for the information

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Well, either play with 1280x1024w32 or in 640x480x32. Resizing a window is indeed not possible.
    There is no 1280x1024w32 in my dropdown list. Max resolution is 1280x960w32, which is unstable.

    I agree with Mefistofelis, that ideally 1280x960w32 should be fixed to stable

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    See 1. And unfortunately, there's no development on this project at all, but if there were I would much rather fix any stability issues on higher resolutions than implementing your request
    Agree. If fixing stability issues is possible, I'm ok with this

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I'll take your word for it. And it is what it is. If you want to look back what you played before you could use the -packetsave command line option instead.
    No. My goal is to stream online, for example like this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...e_polymer=true

    Before performing those 2 streams (first in link above and second will be added to that playlist soon), I thought about "which engine to use - dosbox with vanilla keeper.exe from gog.com, vanilla keeper95.exe, vanilla keep3d.exe or keeperfx", and all engines (except dosbox) had problems I explained above, so I forced to use dosbox for streaming original campaign (because it is possible to make scaled 1280x960 and OpenGL renderer there)

    Will be happy, if stability issues of high resolutions will be fixed in future versions of keeperfx, because keeperfx is much better than "dosbox + vanilla"
    Last edited by theleo_ua; July 24th, 2019 at 00:13.

  6. #216

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1902

    Perhaps I failed to get the main point across, but nothing will get fixed anymore because there's no developers on the project anymore. So it is what it is.

    It's also not that 'high resolutions' are simply not stable, many people are able to play with higher resolutions just fine, and like I said, if you do want to play in 640x480 you can always decide to not play in windowed mode. And if 1280x1024w32 is not in the dropdown list, you could always try writing it in in the config file directly and see if that helps.

    It also does not surprise me that streaming does not work, in 1998 there was no such thing as streamers and nobody ever asked for features for streamers. Here you could try to get a camera and point it at you and your computer screen while you play in full screen mode.

  7. #217

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1902

    YourMaster

    Thanks for the info

    I already communicated with DXWND dev team, and I bet it will be possible to make what I need with future versions of DXWND and with another streaming software, called StreamlabsOBS, which can capture not only OpenGL, but a lot of other renderers

  8. #218

    Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Release candidate 1911

    I've uploaded a new version: Beta 1911.

    What's new:
    • New Russian translations provided by Kammerer
    • Edited Campaign level 19 script to stop blue from building over 72 Workshop tiles, to improve stability of the level
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the outro cinematic from playing when you have the Knight in prison.



    Because of the bug found with the drag/outro cinematics in the previous release candidate, I uploaded a new beta. Like before, as there are no longer any active developers working on KeeperFX Unofficial, if people manage to play this version without issues, I will release it as KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.7.

    So if you manged to play some games, and did not find any issues(that weren't already there in keeperfx 0.4.6), please let me know. If you do find any new issues, or have any objections to this version being released like this, I would love to hear as well.

  9. #219

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Release candidate 1911

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Because of the bug found with the drag/outro cinematics in the previous release candidate, I uploaded a new beta. Like before, as there are no longer any active developers working on KeeperFX Unofficial, if people manage to play this version without issues, I will release it as KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.7.

    So if you manged to play some games, and did not find any issues(that weren't already there in keeperfx 0.4.6), please let me know. If you do find any new issues, or have any objections to this version being released like this, I would love to hear as well.
    I plan to stream this online (with Russian language in the game), so when I have time for the streams, we will see how it works and I'll report all issues to you

    Before this, I already made 2 streams of vanilla DK1 (via dosbox) and found some issues when enemy keeper plays like there is "easy" skill level selected. I hope those issues are fixed in latest builds of keeperfx, so enemy keepers will play as expected and provide challenge to fight with them

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    [*] New Russian translations provided by Kammerer
    Excellent! I'm from different Russian translation and voiceover team (our first project was Strife 1996 on id tech 1 and full translation of GZDoom port) and there is a chance to start working on keeperfx + vanilla dungeon keeper, so it's good to hear that it's possible to add latest versions of translations and voiceovers to latest keeperfx builds!

    Is it possible to make several Russian translations existing at the same time? For example RUS1 RUS2 and so on. I'm not planning to do this in that way, but just curious about your opinon on this

    P.S. Forgot to ask: are "continue saves" compatible between versions? For example if I finish first 10 missions on build 1911, and want to start 11th mission with new version 1912, is it possible?
    Last edited by theleo_ua; July 30th, 2019 at 09:34.

  10. #220

    Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Release candidate 1911

    It would technically be possible to include 2 versions of the same language, I'm not going to do that. I will accept improvements to the current translations, here is the wiki page on doing translations.

    And in general yes, both 'continue' saves and regular saves are possible between versions unless a specific change is made that makes this impossible, which rarely happens. Going from 1907 to 1911 is possible without issues. However, lots of stuff is usually stored into a save, like campaign configs, so you don't always get the new changes when using an old save.

Similar Threads

  1. KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6
    By YourMaster in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: March 31st, 2019, 07:31
  2. Nightly builds of KeeperFX
    By jomalin in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 8th, 2013, 14:39
  3. Short question KeeperFX development
    By jomalin in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 7th, 2012, 18:06
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 28th, 2011, 10:04
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: February 21st, 2011, 10:44

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •