Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2074

Sorry, I did not really look at that yet.

I'm not sure, you could try d3d8.dll and/or ddraw.dll

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2080

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2080.

What's new:

• Rewritten imps returning gold to treasure rooms
      - Fixes the issue that imps will take forever to find a spot when the treasure room is almost full
    • An on-screen message is displayed when the thing limit is almost reached
      - Enabled this classic bug for Ancient Keeper campaign, so level 10 is winnable again
    • Reverted flame-breath values, as it made Dragons miss too often
    • Fixed AlwaysTunnelToRed classic bug.
    • New variable in rules.cfg: TortureDeathChance
      - Sets the chance a unit will instantly die when broken during torture.
      - Default = 0, so no difference in normal behavior
      - Precedes the TortureConvertChance.
    • New variables in rules.cfg: StunEvilEnemyChance/StunGoodEnemyChance
      - Evil for creatures, Good for heroes
      - Sets - when at all possible - the chance units get stunned for prison
      - Default = 100, like before, all units will get stunned with imprisonment on
    • Introduced new level script command: SET_GAME_RULE
      - Works like: SET_GAME_RULE([name],[val]), where the name comes from the rules.cfg file, and the val is the value you want to give it
      - Can be used withing an IF-statement

I've added these rules to the script command:
    • BodiesForVampire
      - Use this to make a graveyards more or less effective on a map. You can set it to fewer when a player has many vampires, but note like all the other options, it's for all keepers.
    • PrisonSkeletonChance
      - Use this on maps with many heroes, so that not all units that die in prison will get raised as a skeleton.
    • GhostConvertChance
      - This allows you to make ghosts a rare occurrence.
    • TortureConvertChance
      - The default is 33, meaning that when you have 2 map reveals for every conversion.
    • TortureDeathChance
      - New in rules.cfg, makes torture not a surefire thing. Again, an option to balance maps with lots of heroes.
    • FoodGenerationSpeed
      - Makes hatcheries more or less effective
    • StunEvilEnemyChance
      - Yet another one to balance a map, use it to make it hard to capture enemy creatures in the first place.
    • StunGoodEnemyChance
      - Same, but with heroes. My suggestion is to give this a lower value than the evil one, make owning heroes something special.
    • BodyRemainsFor
      - Use this to make it harder or easier to collect corpses for the graveyard
    • FightHateKillValue
      - Makes a keeper hate you more (or love you with a negative value) when you kill one of his units, when he hates you enough he'll attack.
    • PreserveClassicBugs
      - Allows you to set classicbugs on single maps, or the other way around, to disable classic bugs in maps in a campaigns with them enabled.
      - If there are maps in the database that don't work well on KeeperFX, this is a solution.
    • DungeonHeartHealHealth
      - Normally every 8 game turns, all dungeons hearts recover 1 health. Now, set it to an higher value to quickly heal hearts, or a negative value to drain away the health of hearts.

To get the val for PreserveClassicBugs, add up the following numbers:
    Code:
    ResurrectForever = 1
    Overflow8bitVal = 2
    ClaimRoomAllThings = 4
    ResurrectRemoved = 8
    NoHandPurgeOnDefeat = 16
    MustObeyKeepsNotDoJobs = 32
    BreakNeutralWalls = 64
    AlwaysTunnelToRed = 128
    So SET_GAME_RULE(PreserveClassicBugs,72) will enable BreakNeutralWalls and ResurrectRemoved

Adding more rules from rules.cfg to this command is possible, so if you have a request, let me know and I'll add it.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

With my old PC, I could play Keeper FX on 1920x1080 without problems. Now with my new 1440p if I create a 2560x1440x32 entry in the config I get a kind of zoomed-in optic. It's like only 2/3 of the screen is shown. Is there something I could do?

Is it normal that the Mistresses still cast the drain and lightning spells out of enemy range?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCosmotic View Post
    With my old PC, I could play Keeper FX on 1920x1080 without problems. Now with my new 1440p if I create a 2560x1440x32 entry in the config I get a kind of zoomed-in optic. It's like only 2/3 of the screen is shown. Is there something I could do?
    I don't know, does 1920x1080 still work? Have you pressed Alt+R?

Quote Originally Posted by KaInEvIL View Post
    Is it normal that the Mistresses still cast the drain and lightning spells out of enemy range?
    Are you sure you have properly installed the alpha, so have taken all the config files that came with the alpha? Because the range at which they can cast can now be configured through the configs. If you have, could you please share a saved game where it is going wrong?

I figured out a solution: I activated the Windows XP SP3 compatibility and deactivated full screen optimizations on the keeperfx.exe.
    now the game runs at very crisp 1440p

sadly I got an "Sync: Onscreen message: Warning: thing slots used 2048/2048" error and the game crashed later in a game. Maybe I build to much tings on the map?

ok, interesting. Thanks for reporting back.

And yes, that message warns you that you've hit the thing limit. You should stay under, which isn't always easy because it's not just you but also enemy keepers and preplaced stuff. So get rid of one of the keepers when the message appears, and reduce the room sizes you've got and sell whatever you don't need.

Its likely a driver issue with my Radeon Card. Half-life 1 has the same Problem. And there i need a Windows Mode workaround.
    I'll have to report an additional thing. I hope this is the right thread. When i pick up gold and throw it in an full treasure room i cant pick IT Up directly i have to pick up all the gold from the 'room tile' before i can pick up the excess pile. This is not vanilla behavior and realy sucks. In version 4.6 this problem did not exists.

OK, thanks for reporting, I'll look into it.

EDIT: I've investigated the issue. And I'm not happy with what I found, it's not some mistake I made, but this new behavior is the result of a fix I don't want to undo. It looks like it always was meant to pick up the gold horde underneath, but due to a bug it couldn't find it so it picked up the gold pile instead.
    That being said, I dislike the 'new' behavior as much as you do, so I'll see what I can do.

EDIT2: It's not pretty, but I fixed it. You'll find the fix in the alpha after 2084.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 23rd, 2020 at 23:26.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2084

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2084.

What's new:

• You can now resurrect the exact amount of units that died with the special (Thanks Trass3r)
    • Removed the eye button from the battle menu that appeared in a previous alpha
    • Shot animations can now be configured in the magic.cfg file
    • Added the ImpWorkExperience setting in rules.cfg (Thanks Friendlyworkout)
      - Default value is 0
      - Set it to any number (e.g. 300) to have imps gain that amount of experience from working
      - Can be set with the SET_GAME_RULE script command