Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    Gib damage should be instant death. Otherwise imprison.
    Gib damage never was instant death in dungeon keeper in the first place. Shots that would explode units with imprisonment off, will simply knock them out with imprisonment on. The Area damage, where this is about, does not gib in either case, so wouldn't much make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    I feel like consistency should be prioritised - friendly fire of any form should either always kill or always knock out (with imprisonment on). Whichever way you look at it, it is more confusing if direct damage causes death, but indirect damage does not - and for what benefit? The current behaviour certainly feels a lot more like a bug, and this thread's existence demonstrates that.

Besides, does the current behaviour even make logical sense? Having imprisonment on suddenly makes your Imps immune to the splash damage from your Dragons' meteors (amonst other things)... feels clunky and completely unrelated to me.
    Yeah, this is exactly my point of view, and I can see no other way to look at it, so last night spartahawk made the change for splash damage to also always kill friendly units. When everything works as expected this change/fix will be included in the next Alpha.

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1870.

Again with special thanks to Schizz who made the Grenade spell functional.

What's new:
    • The Grenade spell now works!
      All units with the Grenade spell will now use it. They can throw it quite effectively, somewhat dependent on their dexterity. Because of this, the damage and blast radius of the spell is reduced, since otherwise the spell would be way overpowered.
    • Bug fixed that caused the post-game level statistics not to show up on several custom campaigns.
    • Area damage now straight up kills friendly units even with imprisonment on.
      This fixes the issue that Edwin reported, were blue imps were unconscious while he did not have imprisonment on. Blue did have imprisonment on, and the ims got in the way of friendly meteor attacks.
    • Pressing Shift+Return with cheat mode enabled will now also open the cheat menus that open with numpad enter key.
      Helpful for dirty cheaters and lazy developers that work on a laptop without a proper Enter key.
    • Map updates:
      - C18 and NG+18 - Made tunnelers dig to the Dungeon Heart instead of the Dungeon as a workaround for this bug. It prevents tunnelers from opening up the hero fortress first.
      - C18 - Made lvl2 white Giant near gold neutral again, like it was in the original game.
      - NG+7 - Fixed a few script errors that caused a few enemies to not spawn
      - NG+16 - Changed RANDOM commands into DRAWFROM commands since RANDOM is no longer supported and it caused the hero parties to not spawn.
      - NG+19 - Replaced the red vampire at the start of the level with a neutral vampire to be claimed by imps.
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 16th, 2018 at 14:12.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

Speaking of KeeperFx, not sure if this would be the place to ask this but i tried installing it yesterday and i had some godawful screentearing, from basically the middle of my screen down. Any clue what that could be about?

I don't know, it's not a common problem with this game. Try a different resolution? Windib instead of DirectX? Play in windowed mode?
    Here's somebody with the same problem, windowed mode and windib both worked for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DBlac View Post
    Speaking of KeeperFx, not sure if this would be the place to ask this but i tried installing it yesterday and i had some godawful screentearing, from basically the middle of my screen down. Any clue what that could be about?
    Well, the game runs with 20fps if the number of cycles is not changed. If someone is not used to that it might look strange at first. Also check your Vsync setting in your GPU driver.
    The strange thing is that the game runs best for me on Intel IGP graphics, not my AMD GPU, so often I switch to that before playing.

Lords of Nether
    Lead Game Designer

cheers, ill check it out and see if it works

Never thought I'd see the day Grenade finally gets used by creatures. I am unreasonably excited to see it in action

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool. It's one of the best looking spells in the game.

This will make lair fights between and even more dangerous . This leads me to another question, would it be possible to make creatures not using attacks or spells they don´t need in battle when it makes no sense? Let´s say the invisibility spell which is not of use during fights, or even more advanced, that bile demons don´t use their gas attacks on creatures immune to it or missile shooters don´t use them against foes with rebound active.
    If this would be a desirable behaviour is another question, but the theory would be interesting.

It should more or less already be the case that creatures only use useful spells. Rebound for example is only turned on when a fight begins.
    And with a developer on board, everything is possible to make. But I would hope to focus on stuff that have the biggest impact, and otherwise the stuff that tickles their fancy to work on.