Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Mapmaker

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 1973

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1977.

What's new:

• A slight increase in research time of the hand powers. On the majority of maps that means no change. On some rare maps where you've got to research the ability to slap or pick up, it now takes a few seconds to research, instead of being done instantly.
    • Fixed creatures with critical health being affected by Call to Arms. Before this fix if units returned to the lair/hatchery during CTA they would refuse to eat/sleep and would die from hunger. Now they will actually eat and sleep.
    • Implemented a fear system:
      - Creatures have a FearStronger property that decides when they run away from creatures that do x time more melee damage and have more health then they do. (Having allies helps, the enemy having allies makes it worse)
      - Creatures have a FearsomeFactor property that makes the unit appear to do X times as much melee damage when doing fear calculations. Compensates for units with useful spells and abilities to offset their low health and melee damage. (E.g. Spellcasters)
      - The old FearStronger calculation would do a 'luck role' which doubles damage and thus fear factor. My calculation averages out the chance for double damage instead.
      - Removed all traces of the KeeperFX 'official' fear-no-flee factor.

The fear system is a big change, and I would love to hear feedback about this. In the first version of KeeperFX Unofficial I removed the KeeperFX fear system because it had a nonsensical toggle and made spell casters too afraid to even fight. However, some people still longed for a system where units would not run into their death on the other side of the map. (like flies or hell hounds). That's in now in. I had to said initial values for each creature, but it's possible that some units are to scared or too fearsome. So let me know if you run into this and I can tweak the values.
    The CTA change is also scary, if units misbehave during CTA be sure to let me know. Better yet, make a save of it and share it.

On an unrelated not, I created a wiki page to show new KeeperFX controls: https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx...-Game-Commands
    Yeah you say you've removed the fear-no-flee factor. This was still in some of my crtrs files, hence they were coming up in the warning.
    It doesn't really matter, it works now, and my log no longer shows the same warning about creature attributes.

Thanks for your input

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2119

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2119.

What's new:

• Introduced FULLY_HAPPY_WITH_GOLD and FAINTED_IMMUNE_TO_BOULDER classic bugs
      - First bug makes units fully happy if they get a bit of gold
      - Second bug makes boulders break from fainted units.
      - Set it on Ancient Keeper, the latter is needed to complete it.
    • Introduced a sound effect when you cast the chicken spell on a unit immune to the chicken spell
    • Added IMMUNE_TO_DISEASE creature property
      - Not used by default
      - Modders/mapmakers can use it make units immune to the disease keeper power
    • Players now correctly lose their researched spell when the book is stolen
    • Fixed STEAL_SPELL hero objective
      - Heroes now take the stolen spell back to the overworld, and come back to steal more spells
    • Spells that you could not research before it was stolen (but you found the book) will not become available for research when stolen
    • Heroes that steal spells, will try to deposit the book into their library
    • Heroes that steal gold, will try to deposit the gold into their treasure room
    • Improved scaling of text for Chinese/Japanese/Korean in higher resolutions. (Thanks Mu Mu)
    Last edited by YourMaster; June 15th, 2020 at 23:49.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Thank you for your hard work.

お疲れ様です
    Last edited by Ajora; June 7th, 2020 at 19:14.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2128

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2128.

What's new:

• Fixed a bug that causes items dropped by dying units to be impossible to pick up
    • Lots of new cheats added to the cheat menu (thanks adam)
    • Fixed bug in multiplayer game that caused the host to be taken over by AI when the client dropped.
    • Fixed recently introduced bug that caused Word of Power sound effect to not play on hearts/boulders exploding
    • Made it possible to place Gems with CHANGE_SLAB_TYPE level script command (thanks adam)
    • Fixed issue that units tried to attack enemy dungeon heart in hearing range even when they could not walk to it yet.
    • Heroes that steal spells, will try to deposit the book into their library
    • Added a whole range of Level script variables, see here.
      - New variables include stuff like HEART_HEALTH, VAMPIRES_RAISED, CREATURES_CONVERTED and TOTAL_TRAPS_MANUFACTURED

Also, there's an update to the launcher here.

• Possible to resize options and settings menu, helping people who can't see all the settings
    • Made it possible to select 'Korean' as a language option

Mapmaker

I know it’s a feature from DK2 but when you defeat an enemy in dk2 you claim their rooms instantly. Do you think this is something that can be implemented maybe as a script command, or something that can be turned off by a command so makers can decide whether they want the option.
    i mean if it’s even possible
    just an idea.
    I don’t know code myself or I’d try

How does this feature work in DK2?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

This is a skirmish / multiplayer feature, it's not active during Single Player.

Normally, defeating another Keeper causes them to give their mana to the one who defeated them, and in S/M, it's possible to additionally make it so the killed Keeper will drop Specials at their Heart or have all their land and rooms instantly converted to the ownership of the one who killed them.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Mapmaker

Ah yeah, I rarely player single player dk2 anymore forgot this was just in skirmish mode/multiplayer.
    but I still like the feature.

I've encountered an issue in version 2128 with the FULLY_HAPPY_WITH_GOLD bug fix. First of all, how much gold is needed to satisfy them now? A vampire didn't receive his payday and got angry, so I tried dropping 2 paydays' worth of gold on him, but he didn't care. It was split into many piles of gold though, does it have to be in 1 pile for it to work? I also tried dropping him in the treasure room but he just took his payday and continued to be angry. Vampires get more angry from praying in a temple so it's a real problem.
    Last edited by Argonil; July 8th, 2020 at 20:13.

It does not need to be in a single drop. A vampire getting angry from not getting a salary generated 2500 unhappiness. But it could be that you not paid him for longer and he got more angry. Actually taking the payday will give him -250 unhappiness, so it needs to take 10 paydays to get the happiness back. Hand dropping gold gives double the happiness, so roughly 5 paydays worth of gold dropped to compensate for 1 missed payday. A lvl1 vampire takes 750 gold for payday.

Do these figures seem to match your experience?