Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Demon Spawn

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Well Wine is your only option: https://wiki.winehq.org/Download
    But whether it works no idea.

There is one other way, a bit more expensive, I use Crossover 17 on Linux Mint 19.1 for both KeeperFX and DKII and they both work very well.

Demon Spawn

Which is based on Wine

Of course but it has an easier interface, if you are very good with wine then Crossover may be a waste of money, I have also used Play on Linux and the results were not so good probably due to my lack of ability.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - alpha 1901

In alpha 1892 the 'active neutrals' feature was introduced, but it causes problems. It will be reverted until it can be fixed, but for now a simple release to stop people having troubles with it.

So 've uploaded a new version: Alpha 1901.

What's new:
    • Enabled 'PASSIVE_NEUTRALS' in the default config, so people won't experience bugs with active neutrals.
    • Introduced 'BREAK_NEUTRAL_WALLS' classic bug and enabled it for the ancient keeper campaigns. Allows possessed imps to dig through neutral walls as in the original game/official Keeperfx
    • Fixed a bug that caused corpses to remain on the map forever when 'NO_CORPSE_ROTTING' was enabled in the creature config. (It should only stop unit corpses from being used on graveyard)

As there's no active developers on KeeperFX Unofficial anymore, I plan to release a full version of KeeperFX Unofficial again at some point, based on the latest alpha. However, since nobody is around to fix bugs on it anymore, features that are still causing problems will be removed. This means these features will be taken out:
    • Grenade spell usable by creatures
    • 3D Explosions/Line of sight
    • Active neutral units

If somebody feels something else needs to go/change before release be sure to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Enabled 'PASSIVE_NEUTRALS' in the default config, so people won't experience bugs with active neutrals.
    So neutrals in prison won't stay in prison anymore? It can be re-enabled in campaign-specific config right?

3D Explosions
    What's that? I hope the meteor splash didn't get removed because that was a lot of fun.

In this alpha, yes, the 'active neutrals' is only disabled in the campaign config. And yes, this is what caused neutrals to stay in prison. But in the full version, it will be removed all together. I'm disappointed too, but unfortunately although the feature itself works well, it causes the map to go corrupt. And this is not something I know how to fix.

3D explosions is not the exploding of the meteor, but explosions being able to push units/things up and down as well.

Hello long time lurker , thank you for the hard work, I just wanted to report a bug I noticed, that I cant get the the 2 = 1 from the Keeper FXs temple sacrifices to work
    thank you so much for giving my favorite game of my childhood a new life.

You're welcome.

That's not a bug, that's a feature. In the original game, this sacrifice did not exist. The dragonslover patch in KeeperFX introduced many new sacrifices, and they make many maps a lot easier and allow players to get almost any creature on any map, making the temple an even more powerful room and makes making good maps with it even more difficult.

So in KeeperFX Unofficial, I disabled most of the new ones. If you do want to play your game with these sacrifices, in your fxdata\rules.cfg (edit with a text editor like notepad) you can easily enable them again. Simply remove the ';' from the sacrifice you want to get back. Or make your own.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 29th, 2019 at 18:18.

But in the full version, it will be removed all together.
    Damn, one of the maps of my new campaign relied heavily on that, there were like 50 neutrals in prison. Nevermind I quite expected that so I'll replace the map with something similar when I have time. Which could be anytime from tomorrow to months.

I'm disappointed too, but unfortunately although the feature itself works well, it causes the map to go corrupt. And this is not something I know how to fix..
    Oh, so that could be why some weird shit was happening all around the map. Took me like some time to tweak it until it was fully functional.