Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2010

Happy New Year. I've uploaded a Happy New version: Alpha 2010.

First of all, I'm happy to announce that the user Trass3r has contributed to the project, and is the first person since Mefistotelis to reverse engineer some original DK functions for KeeperFX.

What's new:

• Several changes to happiness:
      - Fixed a bug where some happiness values were always negative.
      - Units no longer go to max happiness when dropping gold on them.
      - Units now gain proper happiness when they receive their payday or when they are dropped in the treasure room. It takes the value from the unit config.
      - Happiness gained by dropping gold on units is now dependent on how much gold you give the unit in relation to the unit payday. Dropping one payday worth of gold gives two paydays worth of happiness.
      - A sound effect plays when you drop gold on a unit. A different sound plays depending on the size of the tribute.
    • Units now only cast Word of Power when they are not flying
      - This is because the WoP spell only works when units are on the ground
      - Reduced the duration of the 'Flight' spell so vampires get a brief window to cast WoP
    • Several original DK functions rewritten (thanks Trass3r), most related to pathfinding
    • Several improvements to the code, which should not have gameplay effect. (again, thanks Trass3r)
    • Some changes to make it easier to work on the code. (Trass3r again)
      - It's now easy to build the project with the Windows Subsystem for Linux

Please note that the Alpha does not come with the KeeperFX.map and KeeperFX_hvlog.map files anymore. Feel free to remove these from your installation folder.
    Last edited by YourMaster; January 4th, 2020 at 16:45.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2010

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Please note that the Alpha does come with the KeeperFX.map and KeeperFX_hvlog.map files anymore. Feel free to remove these from your installation folder.
    You mean "Alpha does NOT come" with those files ?

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2010

Yes.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2014

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2014.

Trass3r has accomplished the most important fix possible: He fixed the pathfinding bug.

What's new:

• The game no longer hangs or crashes when there are more pathfinding triangles than the game can handle. (This caused the game to hang or crash on complex layouts.) - Trass3r
    • Tripled the amount of pathfinding triangles the game can handle, so more complex maps are possible without pathfinding issues occurring. - Trass3r
    • Possessing a chicken will no longer cause many errors to be generated in the log-file - Spartahawk

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2014

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2014.

Trass3r has accomplished the most important fix possible: He fixed the pathfinding bug.

What's new:

• The game no longer hangs or crashes when there are more pathfinding triangles than the game can handle. (This caused the game to hang or crash on complex layouts.) - Trass3r
    • Tripled the amount of pathfinding triangles the game can handle, so more complex maps are possible without pathfinding issues occurring. - Trass3r
    • Possessing a chicken will no longer cause many errors to be generated in the log-file - Spartahawk
    I appreciate a lot your great work :-) I play again this masterpiece and try every build! Thank you for your great effort! :-)
    For example, in the original versione of Dungeon Keeper, there was a TAB function that hide the menu on the left side of the monitor .. sometime this function is good when you have to select very fast the terrain to be dig in line from right to left... I see that in keeperfx this function is not present anymore ...

Thank you CTRL+TAB works great... :-)
    Last edited by Simone Marcolla; January 16th, 2020 at 09:58.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always good to know when people play it and don't run into problems, so I know stuff works well.

Hello YourMaster, another function that was usefull in the original DK was the following: when you have to take your minions from the list, if you click on the symbol of the type of minion, you would take those from the highest level down to the lowest .... instead if you click on the number of the minion, then the level of those you collect was casual...
    Thank you again and it will be great if you can continue to product other builds, maybe with these modifications too :-)

Thanks for the guide with the new keyboards button created in keeperfx, great work!
    Last edited by Simone Marcolla; January 16th, 2020 at 09:58.

In KeeperFX that feature is not gone, it just works a bit different. You can now hold Ctrl and click the creature icon to get the strongest. Hold Ctrl and click the numbers, and you get the strongest idle/working/fighting unit. Hold Ctrl+Shift to get the weakest unit, also very useful when you want to train them for example. Just clicking on the icon will cycle through all units now, so if you've got 30 imps, clicking the creature icon 30 times (dropping whenever your hand is full or course) will make sure you've got all 30 imps. Holding just Shift gets you the units you most recently picked up.

For these and other new KeeperFX controls, see here: https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx...-Game-Commands

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by YourMaster; January 12th, 2020 at 01:16.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Simone Marcolla View Post
    in the original versione of Dungeon Keeper, there was a TAB function that hide the menu on the left side of the monitor .. sometime this function is good when you have to select very fast the terrain to be dig in line from right to left... I see that in keeperfx this function is not present anymore ...
    Yes it is. Try pressing CTRL+Tab.

EDIT: I see that's in the link YourMaster posted.

ooook ... sorry for my ignorance :-) yet work even better XD ... and now understand how goes ... I'm very curious to see how this version will handle the last level :-), it was one of the level with the problems of too many objects :-)
    Thank you a lot for the clarifications.

Yes I've see the problem in one level creating some treasure rooms with a total of over 1.300.000 of gold ... than the problem begin but the games could go on slowed down .. :-)
    Last edited by Simone Marcolla; January 16th, 2020 at 10:00.