Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2037

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2037.

A quick update after the last one, to allow testing fear this way. This build should allow you to play Assmist isle without issues.

What's new:

• Numpad keys can now be used in possession to select a spell.
    • Changes to fear calculation:
      - Fixed counting nearby allies when determining fear
      - Units will now look for allies around enemy instead of around self
      - Units will now never run when they see 3 allies around the enemy
      - Will look at a slightly larger radius to look for allies
    • Tweaked some config settings. Thief is braver, Wizards, Fairies and Witches less intimidating.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2034

Yes I've done it, and it returns to go well, this is good :-). It is a sad that the games doesn't handle a number indefinite of things ... considering our days cpu in compare with the one used at the time of the publication of DK :-)

Yes, our computers would be able to handle it, but unfortunately there are still parts of original DK code being used by KeeperFX that simply can't keep track of so many things. I don't think this issue will ever be solved, but to be fair I never thought that of the pathfinding bug either.
    In the future, simply try to kill at least one keeper reasonably quickly when you face 3. And just consider that everything you see is a thing, every chicken, trap, training post, that way you'll should be able to avoid issues the fast majority of times.

I've seen that, one of the big problems of too many things bug, is that there will be no more chicken to be eaten ... and the creature become angry really fast :-)

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2040

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2040.

What's new:

• Changed damage values in the config of the Word of Power spell, to match the damage I did before I made fixes to it.
    • Creature use spells based on configuration in Creature.cfg
    • Reintroduced the usable Grenade spell, with the LIZARD name.
      - To use it, edit your creature configs, and give the unit you want to give it the power LIZARD under [experience]
      - The spell looks identical to Grenade, but can be used by creatures
      - The unit will aim for an enemy, with high dexterity his aim is better.
      - The unused shot Vortex and unused instance and spell 'GROUP' has been removed to make place for LIZARD
    • Updated Russian voice messages.

This update should play very much the same, but has some major changes at the back-end. Where at first it was hard-coded in which situations creatures used which spells, it now all comes from config files. My goal is for there to be no changes unless you make changes in your configs, but if that's not the case, be sure to let me know.

Quuz told me the original Russian speeches in the game are laughably bad and seem to have been computer-translated from English. So this alpha comes with an update to the sound\speech_rus.dat. I will only include it in this alpha, because of the size, and if nobody complains, in the next full release. If you are from the future, and want to use the game in Russian, please update to this alpha first before you update further, or download the speech_rus.dat manually.

Like always, I would love to hear feedback. Also when you play it and nothing goes wrong.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 1st, 2020 at 00:32.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2040

I'm testing your latest alpha and the creatures normally attack automatically enemy doors if release near those, but now they do not try to destroy the doors anymore, only by possess them .. a little bit annoying..

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2040

Are you sure you fully installed the alpha, so including the config files? If so, could you please redownload it and try again. I forgot some files in the package, I fixed it an hour back, but if you downloaded before that, you would need the new files.

Imp

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Just downloaded it today, and they won't destroy doors.

Troll

My creatures destroy doors just fine for me. Are they hero doors or enemy Keeper doors?

They do for me. Did you fully update it, including the config files? And from a fully functional 0.4.7 version?

If so, do you have a saved-game for me where it's going wrong?