Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    It does not need to be in a single drop. A vampire getting angry from not getting a salary generated 2500 unhappiness. But it could be that you not paid him for longer and he got more angry. Actually taking the payday will give him -250 unhappiness, so it needs to take 10 paydays to get the happiness back. Hand dropping gold gives double the happiness, so roughly 5 paydays worth of gold dropped to compensate for 1 missed payday. A lvl1 vampire takes 750 gold for payday.

Do these figures seem to match your experience?
    Yes, they do. I see these figures are specific to vampires. Eating food seems to give them -1000 unhappiness, so I suppose I should force-feed them chickens instead of giving them gold.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

You could try, but I think it might only solve their 'hunger-unhappiness'.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2146

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2146.
    This might be one of the last versions before the release, soon there will be a release candidate for 0.4.8, so please speak your mind if you have an opinion on this, and give the game an extra play through if you can to see if there are any bugs.

What's new:

• New level script variable: CURRENT_SALARY
      - Use in an if statement, and get back the value that the player would pay if it was payday right now
    • IF command in level script can now count the number of armed traps on the map (before it counted nothing)
    • Introduced SET_CREATURE_FEARSOME_FACTOR level script command
      - To be used by mapmakers when they change stats of a unit through the script that impact their fear calculations
    • Improvements to French translations (thanks wasp)
    • Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect number of traps/doors to be available when they were off-map
    • Computer players will now clear dirt all around the gems when mining (thanks TheSim)
    • Mapmakers/Modders can now allow for 9 traps per tile (thanks Adam)
      - Set PlaceTrapsOnSubtiles to 1 in rules.cfg, or use the SET_GAME_RULES level script command
      - Hold LShift to sell just a single trap from a tile
      - Place traps on the slab with the door
      - Boulder traps go just in the center
    • Units angry from lack of pay, will now go and take some pay
      - Fixes the issue with constant badgering about angry units
      - Changes the speech message based on the situation
    • Campaigns without single player levels will not be listed in the campaign list anymore
    • Some more original functions rewritten (thanks adam)
    • Some code clarifications that should make no difference for players
    • Updated New Game+ campaign
      - Changed some 'transfer' conditions and gave better hints
      - Revised lvl4 to provide a challenge for people who like to turtle
      - Made some exploits unavailable
      - Changed secret levels to receive each unit just one time
    • Reverted Nikolai's Castles level Castle Kandro. See here.
    • Fixed Ancient Keeper lvl6 (Save the Heroes). Added the green heart back in

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2150

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2150.
    This one comes quickly after the last one, as apparently I failed to include all files for the map changes to NG+ in the last package. They are included now.

What else is new:

• Fixed issue that caused people playing in high and ultra high resolutions to not being able to zoom out as much as people in old fashioned resolutions. (Thanks eddebaby)
    • Changed a log error message related to clearing dirt around gems into a log warning message.
    • Fixed issue that toggling the side menu in possession would not work outside of possession.
    • Fixed some compiler warnings, no gameplay change (Thanks Real-Gecko)

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2146

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    so please speak your mind if you have an opinion on this, and give the game an extra play through if you can to see if there are any bugs.
    I've noticed that after I switched from the 0.4.7 release to the Alpha, computer AI #0 has started turning reapers into ghosts instead of letting them pray in the temple. I don't know if it's related to their anger or their gold costs, but the same sometimes happens to other creatures, once they're dropped in the torture chamber they don't come out alive. Please look into that. It often happens on my map Matter of Time.
    Last edited by Argonil; August 2nd, 2020 at 08:22.

Ok, I will look into it.
    EDIT: I frameskipped the level (245) 5 times, and the AI never put a unit to torture. Do you know how I can reproduce your behavior?
    Last edited by YourMaster; August 2nd, 2020 at 09:21.

It seems it's not as common as I thought, frameskipped 5 times and he only tortured a vampire. Maybe something about doing a proper playthrough triggers the AI to do it more often, idk. But I found out how to reproduce it with the Defensive Computer Assistant instead. Enable it as soon as the map begins, and then just watch the torture chamber it builds. Horny gets thrown in there roughly every third match. Then he only gets taken out for fights until he eventually dies. It could look like it's because of his anger job, but I'm pretty sure he hadn't gone psycho when he was first thrown in there.
    Last edited by Argonil; August 2nd, 2020 at 16:13.

I looked into it, and I don't think there really is a difference between the latest versions and older versions on this. Horned reapers are just too much for computer players to handle, and when creatures become very angry, the computer player just tortures them to death, or when they don't have a torture room, throw them in the prison instead.
    There could be some change to the game, that causes the reaper to either live longer or go angry more (when he fights more, he needs to rest more, and he'll get angry from resting for example).

Hmm, I see. It's the timing of the repeated battles that occasionally lets them get angry from having to walk all the way back and rest, probably. But sometimes I've seen the computer assistant end up with 6-7 ghosts. Only one of them could've been a reaper... and the temple was available for anyone who didn't get paid. Oh well, I'll let you know if I figure out more about it.
    Last edited by Argonil; August 2nd, 2020 at 23:04.

The computer will not only torture 'Livid' reapers, but also other units doing anger jobs, like instigating rebellions and vandalizing the dungeon. It should just have happy units though with the gems you gave him, so there's room to improve there for sure. It just seems to me that it's nothing new.