Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2050

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2050.

What's new:

• The range between which creature spells can be used can now be configured in creature.cfg
    • Ctrl+Mouse scroll can now be used to scroll the battle menu
    • Fixed the mouse over text on the message boxes scroll buttons
    • Updated the SET_COMPUTER_EVENT level script command.
    • Made improvements to the 'EVENT CHECK ROOMS FULL' event
      - The third parameter from this event (event12 in keepcompp.cfg) is now used to stop the computer player to build more rooms when he reached capacity.
      - When the room that reached max size and capacity is a workshop, the computer will sell crates to free up capacity.
      - The max size of the room can be configured through the SET_COMPUTER_EVENT level script
      - Level 19 updated to reflect the above change
    • Updated the keeporig.cfg file to not interfere with multiplayer games

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2050

Hello YourMaster, after ending deeper dungeons, now I continue to play the Ancient Kepper campaign, it is very clever with the use of the bugs of dungeon keeper to complete the levels ... Now I'm at the UNIVERSITY OF HADES (10th level), there is a problem, when you blow in the knight it is supposed that he will destroy the green keeper for you, doing that will give you the building bridge ability... now I've tried two times and the knight is killed by a very poor keeper... it seems that he will not concentrate on the green keeper heart, instead he tries to kill the imps of him without success .. and he than will be defeated ... could you please verfy why, if you want I've a save games to give to you ... thx in advance and best regards, good weekend too.
    Last edited by Simone Marcolla; March 22nd, 2020 at 15:35.

No thanks, I don't need a save. I've seen the behavior before on another map and I've got it on my list to investigate. In the meantime, save before you send in the knight, and reload if he fails to kill.
    The problem is not that he focuses too much on the imps, the problem is that he could get into a location where he will fail to hit the imps and die trying. I don't think this is a very recent bug, but I'm not sure.

Yeah ... sure you are right, the sound are the same of the imp that hit the knight ... I had to accelerate the speed at 512x and after around 10 seconds at that speed the knight was dead XD ...LOL Thank you for your help, I try again and see if finally he destroys the green keeper heart :-)
    Last edited by Simone Marcolla; March 22nd, 2020 at 15:35.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Another problem, after the knight has successfully destroyed the green heart, you have to blew the tunneler inside the green keeper dungeon too, so he will probably destroy the wall for you to enter in the treasure room ... I've tried it 4 times, but the tunneler once inside the green keeper dungeon he doesn't destroy any wall of the dungeon .. so on eis stuck forever with angry minions because there are not gold to pay them ...

I read it in the Walkthrough as well, but I don't know what's meant there, since tunnelers can't destroy fortified walls unless they are white. Perhaps ask on the discord, people there must have played this level before.

Could you please send me via PM the discord link, it's there a specifical part for ancient keeper or a general of keeperfx, I've found only the github site ... Thanks

The discord is on the frontpage of keeperklan as well, but click here for an invite.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2063

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2063.

What's new:

• Packetload command line option now works with forced perspective mode (thanks adam)
      - Hold left alt during game load to play packet this way
    • Proper fix for multiplayer games loading all players as red (thanks orson)
    • Bigger timeout between 'Workshop Full' sound messages
    • Hopefully fixed an issue with units using lighting/drain spells from beyond the effective range
      - Made the max-range of drain/lightning/flame breath shot configurable
      - Gave the drain/lightning instances(when the unit casts the shot) the max range of said shot (so don't use it if it can't hit)
    • Gave the flame-breath shot the max range to match the max shot range. (See dragons cast a bit more fire!)
    • Traps now configurable through config files.
      - Campaign makers and modders can make any kind of trap (as long as they replace an existing one)
      - Introduced several new properties to configure said traps
      - Some examples here.
    • Eye-height in possession and shot-origin now grow along with the unit size
    • Unit size and growth per level configurable through config file
    • Shot lizard now considers dexterity growth per levels

Please take the configs files that come with this release. If you want to complain that lightning and drain spells fail to hit, please read the last sentence again.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone Marcolla View Post
    Another problem, after the knight has successfully destroyed the green heart, you have to blew the tunneler inside the green keeper dungeon too, so he will probably destroy the wall for you to enter in the treasure room ... I've tried it 4 times, but the tunneler once inside the green keeper dungeon he doesn't destroy any wall of the dungeon .. so on eis stuck forever with angry minions because there are not gold to pay them ...
    It turns out, the tunneler is supposed to break through those walls. He can, because they are hero walls, but due to a bugfix in an earlier alpha, the tunneler will not decide to tunnel to red on this map. I have not been able to think of a clever way to fix this level, so instead I broke the game again for this campaign. I made you a new version: Alpha 2064.

I made a 'classic bug' for the ancient keeper campaign, that gets back the original behavior. With this version you should be able to win the level just fine. I believe even from your saved game.