Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

These traps and sizes look great. Cant wait to try them out

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Glad to hear it, looking forward to seeing what kind of traps you come up with. If you need help figuring it out, let me know.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2071

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2071.

What's new:

• Introduced 'Always tunnel to red' classic bug
      - Enabled this classic bug for Ancient Keeper campaign, so level 10 is winnable again
    • Enabled slapping of 'bound units'. So slap an imp to make him drop what he is carrying.
    • Made Rebound, Armour and and slow spells grow better with units.
    • Made several effect properties in effect.cfg configurable
    • Made new 'AreaAffectTypes' for effects: Miasma and slowing+damaging gas

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2074

I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2074.

What's new:

• Doors and traps can now be configured through the level script. (So each map can have different traps)
      - See here for the new script commands
    • Created new trap trigger type. You can now have traps activating on any line of sight.

Small update, but want to give people the opportunity to play around with it. And start making maps.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2074

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2074.

What's new:

• Doors and traps can now be configured through the level script. (So each map can have different traps)
      - See here for the new script commands
    • Created new trap trigger type. You can now have traps activating on any line of sight.

Small update, but want to give people the opportunity to play around with it. And start making maps.
    Amazing but where to get sensible params for val4-val6?

The trapdoor.cfg is commented, to explain what they are. For val6, get the numbers from the specific configs, so, if at val5 you configure it to be a shot, look at shot numbers in magic.cfg.

I foudn a strange bug, I don't know how trigger it but after a possession or after a huge frame skip (I used to max speed) seems that hit system is broken, I sent all my creature to attack and none of mine and enemy's creature could perform an hit. I need to load a old save to play without this error

I think what happened is that you used said frameskip on a map with enemy keepers, and the game has hit the 'thing limit'. If there's too much stuff on the map, and this counts everything from traps to chickens, units, wall torches, gold piles and training room poles, no new stuff can be created. And 'shots', the things units create to do damage, are also things. When they can't create shots, they can't do damage.

This is not a new bug, it is a limitation that was already there in the original game (there's even code in KeeperFX that cleans up some unimportant things so it happens less often). In maps with enemy keepers, try to take out one or more early in the level to prevent this. You could continue with the save if you get rid of things, like sell traps (including the ones not placed), reduce the size of your hatcheries and training rooms, get rid of some gold and you'll free up some 'things'. Then take on keeper out and get rid of his stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I think what happened is that you used said frameskip on a map with enemy keepers, and the game has hit the 'thing limit'. If there's too much stuff on the map, and this counts everything from traps to chickens, units, wall torches, gold piles and training room poles, no new stuff can be created. And 'shots', the things units create to do damage, are also things. When they can't create shots, they can't do damage.

This is not a new bug, it is a limitation that was already there in the original game (there's even code in KeeperFX that cleans up some unimportant things so it happens less often). In maps with enemy keepers, try to take out one or more early in the level to prevent this. You could continue with the save if you get rid of things, like sell traps (including the ones not placed), reduce the size of your hatcheries and training rooms, get rid of some gold and you'll free up some 'things'. Then take on keeper out and get rid of his stuff as well.
    Yeah I jsut read it in readme.txt. Didn't know that there is this limit on the game. Indeed it happened that hatchery suddenly become empty. I alredy killed 2 of the keeper enemies, so I will destroy their rooms and treasures and hatcheries to decrease this count.
    There is nothing we can do to increase this limit? Nowaday we can manage really more stuff on screen or in memory

Beyond completely rewriting the game, nope.