Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2014

The thing limit is still there. KeeperFX handles that better than DK does, by simply removing unneeded objects so that important objects like gold and creature spells can still be created. It should only become a problem when you build a truly massive dungeon and create lots of traps and whatnot, and have enemy keepers do the same.

And indeed, I did not see your edit on the question Adam already answered. I changed the removal of the sidebar from 'Tab' to 'Ctrl+Tab' because people often came here complaining their sidebar was gone and that this was some kind of bug. This because when Alt+Tabbing out of the game it would also close the sidebar.

I've edited all my messages, another question, is there a way to increase the numbers of saving slots? :-) Thx

Nope. It is perfectly possible to make back ups of your save files though, so you could swap them out and manage them manually like that.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Nope. It is perfectly possible to make back ups of your save files though, so you could swap them out and manage them manually like that.
    Thank you, yes I had thought it too, I will do so, it is pretty handy to have the end of each level, or at least the level with the creature teleport bonus.. so one can choose and try different things and creatures for the secrets level too :-) One of the most usefull thing is the time accelerator :-)
    THanks and good work!

Another little question, I don't know if it is only my problem ... When playing keeperfx, if I minimize it, the mouse pointer remain stuck in the top left corner of the screen ... Is there a way to unlock it maintaning the games running in background?
    Thanks a lot

You mean that if you minimize your game you can't use your mouse in windows? Sorry, never heard of that problem, so I wouldn't know how to fix it for you. You could consider enabling the -altinput command line option. (Use the launcher in case you don't know how). Perhaps that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone Marcolla View Post
    Another little question, I don't know if it is only my problem ... When playing keeperfx, if I minimize it, the mouse pointer remain stuck in the top left corner of the screen ... Is there a way to unlock it maintaning the games running in background?
    Thanks a lot
    Try DXWND https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Thanks YourMaster and theleo_ua I'll give it a try.
    For the level befor the last "Bruma", the bug of too many objects begin very soon ... I cannot complete the level... have you noticed that? Interesting was that when I go inside one of my minions, the same were all killed almost together by the computer AI ...
    Last edited by Simone Marcolla; January 17th, 2020 at 20:29.

Default KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2023

So you're Italian. It's easier to talk about level numbers, but I believe you're talking about lvl19.

And it surprises me that the 'thing limit' is still an issue for you, I thought I 'fixed' that in KeeperFX 0.4.7U. Could you send me a saved game of where you have that problem, as well as your levels\map00019.txt file?

Besides, I've uploaded a new version: Alpha 2023.

What's new:

• Increased the amount of pathfinding triangles the game can handle even further, since I still found maps that went over the previous limit.
    • Music won't play anymore on the main menu if you went there from the 1player screen. (AdamP)
    • Some improvements on building the game (trass3r)
    • Automated restructuring of the source code (trass3r)
    • Several fixes related to tunneling (used some source code from the main KeeperFX branch)
      - Revealed tunneler parties will no longer show a trail on the maps (just the actual units following them)
      - The 'APPROPIATE_DUNGEON' script command now works. This will affect custom maps that use it, as well as the full moon level. Tunnelers will dig towards the most powerful keeper.
      - When tunnelers get stuck on stuff, like portals, the game now detects them and try to dislodge them.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - Alpha 2023

Ok, excuse me ... for using the italian name of the level :-) ok I'll send you via PM the save with the problem and the txt of this level based on the alpha 2014. I'try than your last Alpha :-)
    PS: the cause is the enemy keeper, that has something like 69 rooms with probably a lot of traps, I think...