Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial - continued development - alpha builds

You have errors with your config files.
    Code:
    Warning: parse_creaturemodel_attributes_blocks(line 16): Unrecognized command (-2) in [attributes] block of global creature model config file.
    Warning: parse_creaturemodel_experience_blocks(line 92): Too many params, or incorrect value of "POWERS" parameter "ALARM", in [experience] block of global creature model config file.
    Warning: parse_creaturemodel_attributes_blocks(line 16): Unrecognized command (-2) in [attributes] block of global creature model config file.
    Error: check_and_auto_fix_stats: Creature model 3 Learn Level for Empty Instance slot 8 - Fixing
    Error: check_and_auto_fix_stats: Creature model 23 Heal Requirment > Heal Threshold - Fixing
    Error: check_and_auto_fix_stats: Creature model 24 Learn Level for Empty Instance slot 9 - Fixing
    Backup your files, and put in all the config files that come with alpha 2011 and see which of your problems disappear. If it's not all of them, try 'fixing' the map with adikted, so, both in column and thing mode press fix, save, and try again. If that still doesn't work, be sure to let me know and I'll help you further.

As for fog of war, do you know how it should work? There's only fog of war at the places you cannot go to at the start of the map. The new CHANGE_SLAP_TYPE script command can be used here if you want something different, simply make sure the player only has access to his dungeon heart or something and immediately open up with the script and the fog will remain.

Mapmaker

Sorry I don't know exactly what you call it, by fog of war I mean that there's no light on the mouse so I can't tell what's earth or dug our territories whilst looking in the darkness(fog)
    I'll get back to you on whether that changes anything.

changing the configs to the ones in 2111 breaks the level even further.
    The images for the rooms are gone and it doesn't change the spell issue, nor the darkness issue.

Edit: added the new files
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shortmicky; May 24th, 2020 at 12:06.

Yes, that there's no light under the cursor seems like some particular kind of corruption, that I hope will disappear when you 'fix' the map and your configs.

Mapmaker

Changing the configs, didn't work made it worse. and updating/fixing it in adikted didn't work either. I've attached a new log and savegame to my previous post

edit although the spell issue has disappeared
    Last edited by shortmicky; May 24th, 2020 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    Changing the configs, didn't work made it worse. and updating/fixing it in adikted didn't work either. I've attached a new log and savegame to my previous post
    Could you also share the map? PM it to me if you don't want to share it further.

And you still have problems with your configs. You need to take the original configs from the alpha.

I'm not seeing any problems when I load the save though.
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 24th, 2020 at 12:15.

Mapmaker

Reverting to the “corrupted” configs returned the room images and ability to build them in this level.
    i was on the things slab when I pressed u. Updating in slab mode has corrected the light and the spell issue.

Mapmaker

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Could you also share the map? PM it to me if you don't want to share it further.

And you still have problems with your configs. You need to take the original configs from the alpha.

I'm not seeing any problems when I load the save though.
    i found the error in my creature comfigs, the name change of fearnofleefactor to fearsomefactor
    Last edited by shortmicky; May 24th, 2020 at 13:52.

That's no name change, it's a totally different thing. So, I suggest you take my default values as well, and only when you know what they do, decide if you want new values.
    Glad to hear everything is solved.

Mapmaker

But your crtrs files don’t have fearnofleefactor in them, if they’re separate entities surely Both should exist. That’s what the log file was statung unrecognised command. It didn’t recognise fearnofleefactor

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    But your crtrs files don’t have fearnofleefactor in them, if they’re separate entities surely Both should exist. That’s what the log file was statung unrecognised command. It didn’t recognise fearnofleefactor
    Nope. See here.